Honored Contributor

Weed 5 - The CBD Craze

[ Edited ]

I'm posting this in Wellness since I feel it has more to do with Wellness than a TV show.

Charlotte's Web-Stanley Brothers will be on CNN at 7 pm tonight central time with Dr. Sanjay Gupta for anyone interested. Says he will explore the CBD landsacpe today. 

Honored Contributor

I've got it set to record.  It looks interesting.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I just found out it was going to be on from an email I received from Charlotte's Web.

I did not know Dr. Sanjay Gupta had a series on CNN called Weeds.

I setup my DVR. Any other shows should also record now.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz If you recommend/suggest something, my ears perk up. First off, what/who is Charlotte's Web, other than a children's book (I think!). Smiley Happy

I know what CBD is (also, I think!). ha!

Honored Contributor

Re: Weed 5 - The CBD Craze

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@Nightowlz If you recommend/suggest something, my ears perk up. First off, what/who is Charlotte's Web, other than a children's book (I think!). Smiley Happy

I know what CBD is (also, I think!). ha!

@World Traveler 

Hi. I thought I would just copy & past the Stanley Bros About us from their site that tells info about Paige Figi's daughter Charlotte. There is info about Charlotte online. She is doing much better today.

ABOUT US

The Stanley Brothers got their start in marijuana when they began researching alternative cancer treatments after their uncle was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2008.

In 2011, the Stanley Brothers met Paige Figi. Paige’s daughter Charlotte suffered from a severe form of epilepsy called Dravet’s Syndrome. Charlotte suffered over 300 grand mal seizures a day and by the age of 5 had failed all pharmaceutical options. The Charlotte’s Web™ products were created, quality of life has improved, seizures have since drastically reduced, quality of life improved, and the rest is documented history, resulting in the success of CW Hemp, a whole plant Hemp extract that is widely available and accessible to all. Since then, Stanley Brothers has developed new selection of products for pain relief, relax and sleep through continued innovation and research.

While Charlotte’s Web CBD products are non-psychoactive, Stanley Brothers returned to their cannabis roots by developing a line of top-quality infusions, cartridges, and concentrates formulated with varying blends of CBD and THC. After nearly a decade in the cannabis industry, their team has perfected their process to ensure that they are creating quality cannabis products with a focus on purity, wellness, and consistency.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz Thank you! I need to check this company out, as I have invested in some companies who are connected to the medical marijuana field. The stock I have from 3-4 companies have done quite well. If Charlotte's Web is not private and is public on the stock exchange, I'll be able to purchase their stock too.

Need to do some more research on CW though.

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Nightowlz Thank you! I need to check this company out, as I have invested in some companies who are connected to the medical marijuana field. The stock I have from 3-4 companies have done quite well. If Charlotte's Web is not private and is public on the stock exchange, I'll be able to purchase their stock too.

Need to do some more research on CW though.

Thanks again!

@World Traveler 

You might want to know they also started Realm of Caring.

Realm of Caring was informally established by Paige Figi and Heather Jackson, the first two success stories using Charlotte’s Web™, along with Joel Stanley in early 2012.  The brothers started the Realm of Caring Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides cannabis to adults and children suffering from a host of diseases, including epilepsy, cancer, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's, who cannot afford this treatment.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz Thanks for the additional information.

I did some reading on CBD when I found out that it appears the President will be making it federally legal soon (within months). I think right now only around 30 states have legalized it in their own state.

But a bunch of stuff I read over the past few months leads me to believe that if it is federally legalized, then my stock would really go up! That I would like. Smiley Happy

I just wanted to understand more about Charlotte's Web. Your info, plus a quick check on the stock exchange, which shows it is publicly traded, along with a quick discussion with some traders I know, who said it is a solid company at the present time, makes me willing to purchase a few shares to see how it does in the next 12 months. We'll see!