Respected Contributor

People are so selfish & don't care about others. They feel & have said I will do what I want & if you don't like it stay home. Stores have signs where you go in stating that masks are required but still people won't wear them & nothing is done. How many people need to die for them to know this is serious? Guess it will need to be a family member for them to wise up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@schorsch wrote:

Wearing wearing a mask is a personal choice in many places still.  There are conflicting reports about healthy people needing one.  People shouldn’t feel pressured or shamed if they chose not to wear one.  We still have a few freedoms left.  Don’t try to rule others by your own fears.

@schorsch  It's not fear, it's common sense.

The only thing to be feared (and/or avoided) are people who won't even consider that masks might be saving lives, and won't wear one. 

Don't try to label me because I wear a mask to potentially protect other people. 

Yet it is ok for you to label others.......

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

You won’t be admitted to a grocery store in my area of NY/NJ without a mask. My family will do what is necessary to be safe and healthy. The doubters of which there are many, do as you please

"natural selection" has a way of weeding the doubters out.

Respected Contributor

My husband had a doctor appointment this morning. She said she had 12 cases and none were severe. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had to take a dog to the vet this morning. There are several people who work there, 2 vets, and there were a lot of folks their with their furbabies. 

I was the only one of all the folks I saw, workers included who was wearing a mask. I am not high risk, but I am in my fifties and a man who was only 60 died from Covid in my town last week. I don't know if he had underlying health issues or not. 

I wanted to ask my vet about why they weren't wearing masks, but I just lost my nerve.

My dermatolgist reguires everyone to wear a mask upon entry, as does my drs office. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 76 and, aside from  social distancing, my only precaution has been a homemade mask.  I am the designated errand runner so I am routinely at WM, pharmacy, Post Office and grocery.  Unlike most years, I haven't even had a stuffy nose (not even a cold).  The only thing that's has changed is I'm wearing a mask.  Enough said.

Honored Contributor

I see people wearing masks below their noses and can't help but think they really don't get it ..... when medical staff takes a swab to retrieve mucus they go to the BACK of the NOSE with a hideously long swab.  The nose!  The nose is taking it ALL in..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I wear a mask because I believe it reduces the risk.I follow what happens in the Venice province where I am from.The governor said that only 1% of medical staff got infected.

In Italy everybody had to wear a mask in public places.The fee was 400 dollars,

Now they are reopening and numbers of cases are down.

Here in the States,less than half the citizen wear a mask.It works mostly if everybody is using it.

I was outside riding a byke recently,a man sneezes right as I was passing him.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Actually, Natural Selection, among other things, "weeds out" the less adaptable--often, the old or infirm.

Considering mask-wearing a means of circumventing Natural  Selection is an enormously silly assertion.

What worries you masters you.