Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing masks

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters 

I also live in NY, and masks are not required outdoors, where social distancing can be maintained.

That ice cream stand has no business stating that masks are required for service, when customers are outdoors. Ice cream stands in our region have been able to easily acknowledge the social distancing requirement by placing markers outside of their stands. If yours cannot, that's what should be addressed, rather than customers henpecking others to wear masks when they're not required to do so.

Also, it's clear that many need to educate themselves about the efficacy of mask wearing--just be sure you've gotten the last opinion, since it's ever-changing, and depends on which heath organization or "expert" you're sourcing.

As with social distancing, there's plenty of disagreement on the subject.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing masks

[ Edited ]

@Tessa Mendoza 

LOL Then I hope you're shaking your head at Dr. Fauci, because he's the most recent one to have referred to wearing a mask as a symbol.

Sure sounds like "theater" to me!

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

Where I live masks are "suggested" but not required.  There is one town next to me that requires them. In that town everyone complies. I always wear a mask in a store but in my opinion it's silly to wear them outside unless you are in a tight crowd.

I shake my head when I see people jogging with masks on.  Same with people driving while wearing a mask.

Esteemed Contributor

@schorsch wrote:

Wearing wearing a mask is a personal choice in many places still.  There are conflicting reports about healthy people needing one.  People shouldn’t feel pressured or shamed if they chose not to wear one.  We still have a few freedoms left.  Don’t try to rule others by your own fears.

@schorsch  It's not fear, it's common sense.

The only thing to be feared (and/or avoided) are people who won't even consider that masks might be saving lives, and won't wear one. 

Don't try to label me because I wear a mask to potentially protect other people. 

Valued Contributor

@ moonlady - lol  -  I don't consider Dr. Fauci the be all, end all.  I don't think he knows what to say these days.  Luckily, I have a brain and use it.  

Honored Contributor

You won’t be admitted to a grocery store in my area of NY/NJ without a mask. My family will do what is necessary to be safe and healthy. The doubters of which there are many, do as you please. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lovemymaltese wrote:

@I am still oxoxOMG!  Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.  Instead of trying to control people, stay home...

@Lovemymaltese  And telling people who don't think the same way as you do about wearing masks to stay home ISN'T trying to control THEM??? 

Once again, someone making a judgment that if you don't think like I do then you are fearful. 

Trusted Contributor
Just. Wear. A. Mask. For. Goodness. Sake.
Please stop being selfish and start thinking of other people and their safety concerns!!😫
Respected Contributor

It is almost as though the anti-science people have their minds so full of foxy tales that nothing else can fit.  Sadly, stuck in the past, I guess.

Oh, well, I truly believe that for the rest of us things are getting better.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how long this will go on that we wear masks? It is not fun and its gone on for so long. I am getting really tired of it but still wearing one!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller