Respected Contributor

I bought 4 cotton cloth washable masks.  I would prefer wearing the disposable ones, but I found the inside of my nose and my lips burning plus redness on my face from wearing them.

I do wear mine mostly just to make others comfortable.  I do not wholly believe they help much unless they are the medical masks. 

I don't think they are really going to keep me from getting the virus if I encounter someone who has it, but I wear it to conform.

Thing is I have a box of 100 disposable ones that are to arrive June 3 that I ordered back at the beginning of April when I thought it was the thing to do.  Obviously because of the long shipping time, they are coming from China.  Tracking shows they were shipped April 22.  Will keep some for DH (I bought him cloth ones also) and give the rest away.

Contributor

@sunshinestoryIf it makes you feel better wear one.  There have been NO scientific studies done.  Too soon.  

Contributor

@I am still oxox  Who's news?  Your news?  If it makes you feel better wear a mask.  There has been NO scientific studies done.  Too soon.  Look at the info on the mask box.  It doesn't prevent Covid19.

Honored Contributor

I wonder why you don't hear of grocery store workers dying from this with their exposure to so many people. A lot don't wear masks or wear then improperly. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much to all who wear masks. You make it safer for me to go out when I need to. I deeply appreciate your caution and care.

Frequent Contributor

@Lovemymaltese - Obviously you didn't read the article I referenced.  You are stating news that is about 3 months old.  If it makes you comfortable in not wearing a mask, then don't.  It is great to live in a country where we have the choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lovemymaltese wrote:

@I am still oxox  Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right! 

I'm not sure where you're getting the science for masks.  Even "wonderful" Fauci doesn't think masks are necessary. He said "If it makes you feel better, wear one".

@Lovemymaltese

The mask keeps you from spreading the virus. I do not understand why some folks are so selfish.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshinestory wrote:

I am not sure where Fauci said, "If you feel better, wear one" unless it was early on the pandemic where they were afraid everyone would buy up all the masks and the front line workers wouldn't have them.

Just 4 days ago on CNN Fauci said, "I wear a mask because it is effective, and for an example for others".

Here is a good article on the reasons to wear a mask:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-truth-about-masks/ar-BB14Q0zM?ocid=sf2

I saw that CNN program too.  Yes, the DOC did say to wear those da"" masks whenever we are around other peeps.  Fauci did a whole lot here in San Francisco during the AIDS horror as we all know.  Wearing the mask makes sense.  The problem is breathing.  I have a problem even with the paper kind.  

Honored Contributor

Common sense shows that if everyone wears a mask and they unknowlingly have the virus that when they talk, cough and  sneeze it will keep the spray from fanning out and getting on others!!

Why would those with asthma not need to wear a mask?  When I had severe asthma issues I was told to wear a mask when mowing the grass or doing anything where  there is a lot of dust so obviously no problem with wearing a mask.

Honored Contributor

OMG what bubble are some of the posters living in

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.