Valued Contributor

It's all THEATER??  SMH

Frequent Contributor

I am not sure where Fauci said, "If you feel better, wear one" unless it was early on the pandemic where they were afraid everyone would buy up all the masks and the front line workers wouldn't have them.

Just 4 days ago on CNN Fauci said, "I wear a mask because it is effective, and for an example for others".

Here is a good article on the reasons to wear a mask:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-truth-about-masks/ar-BB14Q0zM?ocid=sf2

Honored Contributor

@Lovemymaltese 

Again you can not be serious you are about 3 months behind in the news, Mask prevent covid 19

358D23D9-6B93-4910-8D2A-84CADA0CC306.png

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

I can't breathe with one on. It's all theater anyway. 

@StylishLady  I would like to tell that to my husbands six friends but I can't. They're dead. They were in their sixties.

Trusted Contributor
Don't worry, you'll still be "Big and bad" even with a mask on!!! sigh!
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@I am still oxox when you are outside as long as you social distance you do not have to wear a mask, the open air takes care of spreading the virus just like the flu virus

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@StylishLady wrote:

@StylishLady  I would like to tell that to my husbands six friends but I can't. They're dead. They were in their sixties.

Oh goodness, I am so sorry, that is just horrible. So very sad. We haven't known anyone personally who have had it. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I am so sorry and so very sorry that you have to deal with some of the ignorance around here 

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@StylishLady wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Wearing wearing a mask is a personal choice in many places still.  There are conflicting reports about healthy people needing one.  People shouldn’t feel pressured or shamed if they chose not to wear one.  We still have a few freedoms left.  Don’t try to rule others by your own fears.

Respected Contributor

Right from the WHO website:

• if you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.