Respected Contributor

Where I live in upstate NY, MOST people are wearing masks...however when I was at the grocery store the other day,  I saw at least 8 people that were wearing them only covering their mouths.  Please remember to cover your nose AND your mouth when wearing a mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that also. I told a grocery checker to please pull up his mask! 

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl  So true! My DH is always letting his mask slip, and I have to remind him. I sound like a harpie, but it is just a common courtesy for the time being.

Honored Contributor

How something so simple and easy can baffle people on how to wear a mask and for others who refuse to wear them says volumes.  Enough said.

Respected Contributor

I can't breathe with one on. It's all theater anyway. 

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

I can't breathe with one on. It's all theater anyway. 

It is surely not theater, have you read the facts that mask wearing can cut down the exposure to the Corona Virus

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I live in NY also. Face masks are mandatory if you are near other people. I counted 15 people in Walmart the other day without face masks. I don't understand why they think the rules don't apply to them. Doubtful all of them had asthma or other conditions that would prevent them from wearing masks. And yes I've seen ones with them under their nose. Heck, saw a couple with them pulled under their chin. 

And twice last week I went to an outdoor ice cream stand. There was a big sign saying "face masks required," There were 6 people ahead of me in line. I was the ONLY one with a mask on. The second time I went there were a couple other mask wearers but also about 4 people without them. I'm sure no one enjoys wearing them. It's common courtesy & in NY it is actually mandated by the governor. 

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters 

I was at a park earlier and 25% of the people had no masks in the vicinity of their face, I made sure I kept my distance.

and PS I have asthma and I always wear of have a mask near

@Tribesters wrote:

@bargainsgirl 

I live in NY also. Face masks are mandatory if you are near other people. I counted 15 people in Walmart the other day without face masks. I don't understand why they think the rules don't apply to them. Doubtful all of them had asthma or other conditions that would prevent them from wearing masks. And yes I've seen ones with them under their nose. Heck, saw a couple with them pulled under their chin. 

And twice last week I went to an outdoor ice cream stand. There was a big sign saying "face masks required," There were 6 people ahead of me in line. I was the ONLY one with a mask on. The second time I went there were a couple other mask wearers but also about 4 people without them. I'm sure no one enjoys wearing them. It's common courtesy & in NY it is actually mandated by the governor. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

@I am still oxox  Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right! 

I'm not sure where you're getting the science for masks.  Even "wonderful" Fauci doesn't think masks are necessary. He said "If it makes you feel better, wear one".

Trusted Contributor
Just follow the rules/guidelines and wear the darn masks, people! SMH!