Honored Contributor

I am confused also about the mask... it does not protect your eyes and if you are in the presence of " droplets" in the air... the droplets will enter through your eyes even if you have a mask. 

Honored Contributor

Unless you are sick, I don't see the point of the general public wearing a mask.  

Honored Contributor

We have medical masks.  We've had them for years.  I do't know where my husband got them.  So far, we only went to the supermarket two weeks ago. We are planning to go on Monday.  I've seen people wearing them.  They are common in China (for pollution) 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am confused also about the mask... it does not protect your eyes and if you are in the presence of " droplets" in the air... the droplets will enter through your eyes even if you have a mask. 

And, from some stuff I read, it can get to your throat by going into your ears.

Esteemed Contributor

I was listening to the doctors on t.v and thought I heard wearing masks were for those infected and it doesn't do much if anything if you are not infected.

On the other hand my husband works in the medical field and they are having a hard time getting mask to take care of patients which are all elderly. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee    earplugs too?

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What about washing your hair?  When you shower you need to wash your hair too, after being out. "Droplets" can end up there. Right?

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What about washing your hair?  When you shower you need to wash your hair too, after being out. "Droplets" can end up there. Right?

@MorningLover 

Hair bonnets, too?

Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing masks outside

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I know there might be another thread, but what is your opinion, we went for a ride yesterday and I saw several people taking a walk wearing a mask.

I am immunocompromised and my doctor said it is only for people who are ill

@I am still oxox 

What I heard that makes the most sense (from a front line NYC hospital doc) is that wearing a mask won’t prevent us from getting the virus but it will remind us not to touch our faces so it is good to wear one when out. He explained that most people get the virus by touching their face with unclean hands. He said we should really be washing our hands a lot. 

He also said the kind of mask to use is one of the regular ones or a homemade one. 

Honored Contributor

Here was one customer's  way of dealing with protection while shopping....a 🤿 snorkel mask

6E4FB4F4-B504-485A-BD2D-D0BC228B925A.jpeg