Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@FlowerBear wrote:

I started to not take my handbag into any store.  I do want it with me when I go out so I put it in an Aldis bag and cover with a coat in my car. I dont take my phone in with me and leave it in the handbag. I heard all of this on the news several weeks ago.

I put my list and money, credit card or both into a ziploc. I put the list on top so I can see it then put this ziploc on the seat in the cart and read it from there. Then when I get to check out just take out money or credit card!  I put my keys in my pocket.

Not sure what I will do when the weather is too warm for a coat lol.

@FlowerBear 

Great idea you have about leaving your bag in the car and using a ziploc bag for your list & money/cc. I'm going to steal that idea if you don't mind! I carry some wipes in one into the store and use them on the cart and opening the freezer section doors and such but never thought of using one as you do! Mucho Gracias for sharing your very smart move.

@FlowerBear  All good ideas! Thank you.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing Gloves?

[ Edited ]

I have an N95 Mask.  I wash my hands too so often. I wish that I had some sanitizer to carry with me but still waiting on the stores to get some in.   I know that it can maybe be ordered online but havent done this.  I try really hard to not touch my face!

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Thank you for the information! That is what my husband was telling me. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@FlowerBear  I don't know about gloves helping or not. Now, I'm not sure if wearing masks help - my husband keeps telling me that wearing masks doesn't help. ??  He went to Costco the other day and he had a mask with him as I *think* Costco will not let you in the store if you weren't wearing one. My husband is one who doesn't worry about things though (he's fairly calm), so I'm just not sure. 😐

@Mimi 1883  and @FlowerBear ... the CDC says that wearing masks does not protect people from getting sick.  They only help a person who is ill from infecting others.  However, in NJ our governor has made it mandatory to wear masks when going to a store.  I don't know about gloves.... but I do wear them.  As soon as I am finished with my shopping I throw them out and wash my hands thoroughly.  I make sure not to touch my face ... until I have washed my hands.  

@Boehm Collector   So I am confused about what you think the gloves are saving you from... the gloves touch everything... just like your hands would... you do not touch your face with the gloves on OR OFF... Then you take them off and throw them away... and wash your hands... just like you would if you did not wear gloves... 

Seems like the gloves are really doing nothing. You can get the virus with the gloves or not.. the virus is either on the glove or your hands.. but you can not get the virus through your hands... and you are washing your hands and cleaning them as soon as you leave the store...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wearing Gloves?

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Boehm Collector  Thank you for the information! That is what my husband was telling me. 

@Mimi 1883   ... my brother, who is a physician, and his sister-in-law, who is an infectious disease physician, both agree with the CDC.

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Mimi 1883   ... my brother, who is a physician, and his sister-in-law, who is an infectious disease physician, both agree with the CDC.

@Boehm Collector  Thank you! I hate that my husband is Always right! 😄

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@FlowerBear  I don't know about gloves helping or not. Now, I'm not sure if wearing masks help - my husband keeps telling me that wearing masks doesn't help. ??  He went to Costco the other day and he had a mask with him as I *think* Costco will not let you in the store if you weren't wearing one. My husband is one who doesn't worry about things though (he's fairly calm), so I'm just not sure. 😐

@Mimi 1883  and @FlowerBear ... the CDC says that wearing masks does not protect people from getting sick.  They only help a person who is ill from infecting others.  However, in NJ our governor has made it mandatory to wear masks when going to a store.  I don't know about gloves.... but I do wear them.  As soon as I am finished with my shopping I throw them out and wash my hands thoroughly.  I make sure not to touch my face ... until I have washed my hands.  

@Boehm Collector   So I am confused about what you think the gloves are saving you from... the gloves touch everything... just like your hands would... you do not touch your face with the gloves on OR OFF... Then you take them off and throw them away... and wash your hands... just like you would if you did not wear gloves... 

Seems like the gloves are really doing nothing. You can get the virus with the gloves or not.. the virus is either on the glove or your hands.. but you can not get the virus through your hands... and you are washing your hands and cleaning them as soon as you leave the store...

@SeaMaiden   I can't wash my hands as soon as I leave a store... I have to get home before I can wash them.... In the meantime, I don't want to contaminate my keys and the inside of my car when I touch them before being able to wash my hands.  While I am removing the gloves I am really careful.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@SeaMaiden I can only tell you my theory about the gloves. I wear both a mask and gloves. My hands are clean when I put them on, so after touching everything in the supermarket. I carefully take them off off before getting into my car. I throw them away then use sanitizer on my hands, just in case as an extra precaution. 

I feel they do protect my hands, and I don't have to worry about wiping my car down inside after my trip. My hands never touched anything from start to finish.

I go right in the house and wash my hands with soap and water.

The next part of the exhausting trip is getting everything inside wiping it down,and putting it away.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector     OK , I see. Thanks for the explaination 

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen something about wearing gloves, and they get contaminated, and then we continue to spread whatever we get on our gloves, vs washing our hands or using hand sanitizer every time you go in or out of somewhere. 

I don't know what the answer is really. My husband brought me a box of gloves maybe a month or so ago and told me I needed to wear them while doing his laundry from now on. Thats about the only time I wear them.