Honored Contributor

Re: We’re all going to die; DNA Strands on the End of Our Chromosomes Hint When

Have not read the study. Am I to assume this does not include accidental death? I do not see where this study says anything beneficial that is not already known. Most that want to be proactive in their health and fitness usually are well aware of their genetic predispositions. I will look at my genetics and my family history for more reliability on this type of curiosity.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Okay. So, we're all going to die but no one knows exactly when....wow....amazing....what will science discover next? lol

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 hckynut said: Have not read the study. Am I to assume this does not include accidental death? I do not see where this study says anything beneficial that is not already known. Most that want to be proactive in their health and fitness usually are well aware of their genetic predispositions. I will look at my genetics and my family history for more reliability on this type of curiosity.

....true. Or use common sense.

Super Contributor

I'd rather be surprised ... live each day as if it were your last.

Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2015 javala said:

DNA can't predict death by other means, such as accidents, murder & suicide. ~ VCamp

Oh that is great!

So if a person knew how if it were true than they would spend the rest of their life, someone is going to murder me..., or I am going die because I killed myself.... LOL

Knowing ones Telomere you would not know when but at least you could slow down the process by doing something about it or avoiding some things...

or by a global predator before your time lasp!

Oh, please, just get over yourself

Honored Contributor

I had a great grandmother that lived to be 115 years old! Yepper. She was an American Indian.

My grandmother was 100 when she died. Her daughter was 86 when she died. My other grandmother was 96 when she died.

On the other hand my late husband was 58 years old when he died. He stood up and dropped dead in my arms.

Not one thing wrong with the man. They could not find a cause. He worked out every day and was in amazing shape. Not sick at all.

So, my point is that you will die when GOD calls you to Heaven. I truly believe that. I now have seen several people in my family die in front of me.

Here's my saying, "Every day above ground, is a good day. Be kind and enjoy life".

Super Contributor

"Most people don't realize that lung disease is the third most common cause of death in the United States," said lead researcher Mary Armanios, associate professor of oncology at John Hopkins University School of Medicine. "Telomere research has its most significant direct public health benefit in the area of lung disease."

And what a horrible way to die! COPD is a terrible disease, one that many heavy lifetime smokers ultimately contract.

Having seen lots of smoking related COPD and resultant death I would encourage anyone who smokes to stop and it that's not possible, seek some help for stopping.

Honored Contributor

I've been following this breakthrough for awhile now. It is true and could hold great promise.

When DNA was discovered, who knew it would come to play such an important part in our lives? Now, they are researching individual treatment for cancers, based on our DNA.

The information in the opening post isn't just one study, and it could yield good things for us all.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Well, we're all going to die! That's news? Would you really want to know? I wouldn't want to know. We have had people live for over a century or close to it. On both sides of the family. There's so much you cannot control. Treat each day as a gift and let it go at that.

Mr. Kurzweil is a brilliant man, but I don't share his futuristic viewpoint. I really think that human life is meant to be finite. Who wants to live forever if all your loved ones are not around? What about the cost of living? Science is fascinating and it's given much to society, but sometimes "advancement" has come at human cost.

Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2015 VCamp2748 said:
On 2/6/2015 javala said:

DNA can't predict death by other means, such as accidents, murder & suicide. ~ VCamp

Oh that is great!

So if a person knew how if it were true than they would spend the rest of their life, someone is going to murder me..., or I am going die because I killed myself.... LOL

Knowing ones Telomere you would not know when but at least you could slow down the process by doing something about it or avoiding some things...

or by a global predator before your time lasp!

Oh, please, just get over yourself

Why are you always so unpleasant, is it ever possible to say something that is cordial, gosh it seems you have no since of humor etc....