Respected Contributor

We have returned and missed all our QVC pals & Happy Thanksgiving.

[ Edited ]

Hello to all our QVC Pals! 

We hope all our QVC pals enjoyed their past Summer fun time activities, and have remained safe, and well. 

We safely returned from our extended excursion of traveling throughout the Domestic USA, & it was wonderful.

I won't elaborate further on the subject, but encourage anyone interested to take a trip of this nature to do so in order to fully enjoy and appreciate what our wonderful domestic USA has to offer.

It was quite thrilling to actually hear see and read what it really meant to the citizens of our various States we encountered in our travels, who are most definitely proud Americans, of our great nation.

(May our flag always wave proud, with respect, dignity, and freedom.....which was earned the hard way with so many lives sacrificed, to ensure we all remain democratic, and a free nation).

We thoroughly enjoyed all the sights, foods, various cultures, numerous customs, and all the lovely friendly helpful people we encountered in all our Domestic USA travels. 

We wanted to do this type of extended USA trip for a long time, and we are thrilled that we did.

Now we can eventually also look forward to new travel explorations. 

I must say we are aware and still are so appalled to hear about the Terrorism attacks in Paris and other places.

"It truly does make one stop to really reflect & think, and constantly continue to pray for a change for the better ......for all mankind.....and as they say "Peace on Earth and good will towards men".

If only people everywhere would understand God intended us all to live in respect, brotherly love, harmony, and thoroughly enjoy a peaceful fruit full happy Earthly existence.

(God willing may this all unveil, some day soon and an end to the above once and for all).

It would be wonderful to finally witness an end to mankind's continued greed, tyranny, dominance of others, torture, abuse, terrorism, loss of innocent lives, continual hatred, and non stop world wide warfare. 

(Since the beginning of time on Earth, mankind has unfortunately proven to be their own worst enemy time and again.......very sad, but also very true).

I will be posting in various categories after Thanksgiving, and also wanted to say Phillip and I enclose big hugs for all our QVC pals, and yes you were all greatly missed...... and you know who you areSmiley Happy.

We are also enclosing our warmest Happy Thanksgiving Holiday wishes, & blessings. 

We look forward to reading about everyone's Thanksgiving celebrations, and hope for those alone if possible they venture out and enjoy a Thanksgiving meal in a restaurant of their choice with someone, or alone, or if possible also invite a friend and have food delivered to share.

Holidays should never be spent alone, depressed, upset, grieving for those we loved and lost, and dwelling over what was in the past, feeling quite depressed, lost, and lonely.

( Being all alone is especially dangerous for many people of all ages including the  disabled, ill, and elderly because many suicides unfortunately occur during the Holidays).

It is wonderful to travel and explore but also equally wonderful to come home to our beloved pets, relatives, friends, treasured neighbors, and cyber pals.

For our own Thanksgiving celebration we also invited some elderly neighbors who are all alone, to also share our humble Thanksgiving table. 

We will use the outdoor smoker and smoke a turkey,  prime rib, country ham, and some baby back BBQ spare ribs.

(We will have plenty to serve, have food to offer to our lovely guests to also take home, and also may have some leftovers to also freeze.

In case our pals are also wondering yes.... we certainly did miss cooking and enjoying our favorites).

For Thanksgiving sides we decided to prepare a big Greek villager’s salad with feta cheese, asparagus in hollandaise sauce, garlic red smashed potatoes, a baked sweet potatoes with bourbon & Vermont maple syrup sauce casserole, and smoked corn on the cob.

For dessert we called in our bakeries orders so Phillip will  pick up a large sour dough bread, some Greek pastries and cookies, at the Greek bakery, and at another bakery cookies by the pound, and freshly baked pecan, blueberry, and apple pies.

We will also offer fresh lemonade, iced tea, bottled water, and prepare a fresh fruit Sangria. Coffee and various teas will also be served.

We still need to unpack and straighten out before we get back into the full swing of upcoming Christmas/New Year 2016 Holiday enjoyment, and entertaining.

I will also post this communication under other QVC Community categories, so all our QVC pals know we have safely returned, and yes we certainly missed so many of them!

Again...... Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy cooking!

UPDATED

I certainly know what DOMESTIC USA refers to...for those who replied in a negative way it is easy to find out what it actually refers to.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: We have returned and missed all our QVC pals & Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh lawdy.....................

Valued Contributor

Respected Contributor

welcome back, Adoreqvc! 

Your trip sounded wonderful. How wonderful to ask your neighbors to join you for Thanksgiving. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Mustangshar,

Hope you are doing well.

So nice to read your lovely kind reply my dear friend, and many thanks for the blessingSmiley Happy.

It is truly a blessing when one has their treasured cyber pals kindly reply to their posts, and we thank you for that!

Mustangshar from our home to yours, we wish you a wonderful safe Happy Thanksgiving holiday, and may God Bless you tooSmiley Happy.

Valued Contributor

Dear Adore,

Have missed you and was wondering if you were ok.  Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and looking forward to hearing from you.  May you have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome back, beautiful Adore!

Respected Contributor

Hi Kitty60,

It is so nice to be back againSmiley Happy.

Many thanks for your kind words, and especially your kind words of concern. Words like that from dear friends are always welcomed, greatly appreciated, and they mean a great deal to us.

God Bless....... Wishing you and yours a lovely happy Blessed Thanksgiving, and Kitty60 we hope all of you have a wonderful Turkey Day Celebration filled with fun, love, laughter, and happiness.  

P.S. I must remark that the QVC Moderators are continuing to do a fabulous job as usual, and am glad to see they are also overseeing this thread and others. We also wish them and their families a joyous Thanksgiving holiday.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Dear TuesdayTaylor,

Your post filled me with warmth, and you are truly a beautiful person.

Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Happy safe Turkey day, and I hope whatever you prepare tastes delicious, and dessert is as sweet as you always areSmiley Happy.

Like you always tell me I am like a second Mom to you, and I am always honored to read that. I am sure you know you always make me smile, and fill my heart with immense comfort, joy, cyber love, and warmth.   

May God Bless you and safeguard you dear child, and take good care in all that you do.

We shall cyber chat again, and I look forward to swapping more recipes with you on the QVC Recipes bb very soonSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Brittany-QVC,

I wish to thank you for continuing to oversee the QVC Community bb's, and in particular threads which are deemed inapproriate, and unkind, as they only serve to be hurtful, create strife, and unrest.

All the QVC moderators are doing a fabulous job in all they do here, and I as well as other members greatly appreciate their combined efforts.

Brittany-QVC I also wish to extend my very best Happy Thanksgiving Day wishes to all of you and your colleagues, as well as all of the QVC staff in general, and hope you all enjoy the holiday.