Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My right eye waters like crazy. I actually have tears run down my cheek.  Some days are worse than others but it’s just awful.  I’ve had three procedures to fix the tear duct to no avail.  I’m going back to the doctor to try again.  Have any of you had anything like this?  It is NOT dry eye and it’s only my right eye.  I’m frustrated and hoping one of you know something I’m missing!!  Thanks!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Valued Contributor

I had the same problem with my left eye. It seems to be an irritation that comes from a dry place on my  eye. Even though the eye is tearing constantly, it is dry and irrittated. My problem started when I stopped wearing a contact lens in that eye. The contact lens helped keep my eye lubricated and protected from air. When I put a contact in my eye the tearing stops, but I don't need correction in that eye.

My dry eye does better since I started taking Omega 3 regularly. I take Andrew Lessman Omega 3. I also take Allegra for allergies which seems to help. 

My other eye is not as dry because I wear a lubricating contact in it. Total One is very moist and lubricating.

Respected Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

My right eye waters like crazy. I actually have tears run down my cheek.  Some days are worse than others but it’s just awful.  I’ve had three procedures to fix the tear duct to no avail.  I’m going back to the doctor to try again.  Have any of you had anything like this?  It is NOT dry eye and it’s only my right eye.  I’m frustrated and hoping one of you know something I’m missing!!  Thanks!

@Jayhawk Girl 

Sounds like you should see another ophthomologist ASAP!

Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl 

I have dry eye too (and allergies) so I feel your pain.

I just want to mention something strange that happened to me about 15 years ago.

I bought these lip balms, and for about a month I had a randomly watering eye.  I didn't use the same flavor every day, and I had mixed in other lip products.  I would be in class, and it looked like I was sobbing out of one eye.  It turns out, it was an allergic reaction to the lip balm.

I ended up on steroids, threw the lip balm out, and then it went away.

You never know, it could be something like that.

Occasional Contributor

I have the same thing.  I don't know why.  Thanks for bringing that subject up!  I plan to ask my eye doc about that soon . And it happens in my right eye also. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl 

I have dry eye too (and allergies) so I feel your pain.

I just want to mention something strange that happened to me about 15 years ago.

I bought these lip balms, and for about a month I had a randomly watering eye.  I didn't use the same flavor every day, and I had mixed in other lip products.  I would be in class, and it looked like I was sobbing out of one eye.  It turns out, it was an allergic reaction to the lip balm.

I ended up on steroids, threw the lip balm out, and then it went away.

You never know, it could be something like that.

-----------------------------

Many yrs ago my DD began having problems with her eye and it turned out to be an allergy to nail polish............who knew?????

Honored Contributor

I worked with a lady who had one eye that was watering constantly. Hers was a blocked tear duct, and the problem resolved after a procedure to correct the blockage.

I would suggest a second opinion from a different eye doctor. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono   I use eye drops for pollen. I’ve used honey lip balm and woke up with something tickling my lips. I brushed it off and it returned. Quickly I grabbed the thing and threw it. Turned the light on and there on the bed was a bee. It must have come in when I let the dogs out and held the door open! 

I grabbed a tissue and the bee and flushed it while it was still buzzing. It must have been attracted to the scent thinking it was a hive.

I don’t use flavored or scented lip balm now!

Honored Contributor

My eye doc also described this condition to me as Dry Eye and told me to use drops like Systane, Thera Tears. 

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono Funny you should mention this.  I thought I traced it back to some moisturizer and I convinced myself I was nuts. But, I started using the Perricone tsv cold plasma and noticed my eye going super nuts! So, I stopped using it just this past weekend....we’ll see.  I hope it could be something as simple as this.  

Ive also stopped wearing my contacts.....hhhmmm. 

Thanks for all of your posts! 

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!