Respected Contributor

Re: Water in Ear & Sudden Ear Clog-

That's interesting @sandy53!  My husband suggested that but I told him that's not one of the suggested at-home treatments that I see.... But heck, it's worth a try! 
Today I am trying hot compresses to soften it and I talked to my Pharmacist and he suggested OTC peroxide drops ( I had used alcohol drops before)-  I'm gonna keep trying but if not resolved, then I may end at urgent care-  Thanks girlies! 💝👏🏼👏🏼🌷

Honored Contributor

I had this problem often until I started using earplugs.  

After being treated by the doctor several times, I came up with the treatment that works for me; Claritin 2x a day, and peroxide in the ear 2x a day.   Usually takes 3-4 days to see a difference.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Skyegirl21  Of course your PCP will be able to clean it out easily and painlessly. Don't mess with it yourself or try the Old Wives gimmicks with your hearing.  An ENT or your PCP will be your safest way. Best wishes!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

SUCCESS!  Yay! I kept trying different (safe) home treatments that were recommended by WebMD and Healthline. And the one that worked to get the water out was the 1:1 alcohol & white vinegar, placed a dropper full ( feels pretty weird), and hold a minute, then let it drain out- And sure enough I can't feel the water in my ear anymore!!  
Thank you again to all friends with their suggestions!  Have a beautiful day- 💝🌷😎👏🏼👍🏼

Honored Contributor

DH had a wax problem so they had a nurse irrigate the ear.  The charge was $175.00 and neither Medicare or our supplementary insurance would cover it.  I think it was billed incorrectly, total loss of hearing seems like a serious problem to me.