Honored Contributor

Watched the show last night on the two plastic surgeons that nature botched.

They are good and yes I know the wife of one is one of the "housewives" and she does a follow up show now. I do w/o her. They are so talented in what they can do to help people.

The end of their show last night, had that one young man who did platic surgery to mold himself into what he thought looked good. Seems like one show on this months ago, they called him a Ken doll. I don't know how he can go under the knife and play with his body this way. Wonder in years to come if they will find out just what he did to his body with all these surgeries.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watched the show last night on the two plastic surgeons that nature botched.

Nature isn't always kind.  That's for sure.  Here and there, I know a few people who used cosmetic surgery for purposes I never would, but overall the people I know personally who have undergone plastic surgery truly benefited from the the talents and skills of their surgeons.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watched the show last night on the two plastic surgeons that nature botched.

The transformations are amazing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

They are good and yes I know the wife of one is one of the "housewives" and she does a follow up show now. I do w/o her. They are so talented in what they can do to help people.

The end of their show last night, had that one young man who did platic surgery to mold himself into what he thought looked good. Seems like one show on this months ago, they called him a Ken doll. I don't know how he can go under the knife and play with his body this way. Wonder in years to come if they will find out just what he did to his body with all these surgeries.

@qualitygal  There are legitimate reasons for having plastic surgery, but there are also people out there who have a disease called Body Dysmorphic Disorder and are always obsessing over every little thing about their physical appearance. Some of them resort to repeated multiple surgeries trying to achieve what they've concocted in their mind as physical perfection.  Michael Jackson was one of them.  He had so many procedures on his nose that it was essentially collapsing inside and leaving him unable to breath.  More corrective surgery was needed.  It's incumbant upon plastic surgeons to do in depth psychological evaluations for these repeat patients.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching this show, but only watch the episodes where the patient is seeking help for a true problem; birth deformities, accident related problems, etc.    I do not watch the episodes where people are simply seeking the perfect nose, boobs, etc.   

Honored Contributor

I love Botched and Botched by  Nature!    I haven't watched the current episode yet, but plan to today.

Those guys really seem to be outstanding in their field.

Honored Contributor

I saw this morning (Thursday) on the southern channel one of the docs was selling beauty items (skin care).  I did not have time to watch, did anyone one see the presentation, and if so, are the products any good?

Honored Contributor

I enjoy both these shows!  I am appalled by some of the people who come on this show. 

So many people have terrible health issues and would love to be healthy and then there are these people --- all they have to do is sit around and think of ways to supposedly make themselves look more beautiful (in their eyes, anyway) or more ridiculous in a lot of instances.  

I think these doctors are truly talented - or appear so.  I especially love the Botched by Nature show.  I like how it depicts the friendship between the 2 doctors and the goofiness of them!  They seem almost like regular people!  Not really high society and snooty considering where they are located and all their money, etc.  I also like that on this show they are helping people who have real problems and issues that they are either born with or have been caused by accidents or things which they had no control over.  

When I first started watching Botched, I kept wondering why Dr. Nasif looked so familiar and then I finally figured out that he used to be married to the one lady on the Housewives of Beverly Hills (which I never watched) -- Adrienne Maloof.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

It's heartwarming when the doctors do surgery on those who have an actual problem such as a birth defect or accident but hard to stomach the ones who are addicted to plastic surgery. Vanity!

Honored Contributor

Hi @qualitygal,

As one that has many, what some consider cosmetic surgery, I do not regret having any of them done. All but 1 were for "cosmetic reasonsonly", not for any other reason.

I know many say "WHY"?  And I say "WHY NOT"?  I had my reasons(not obsession or addiction) and I am sure others have also.

I am not familiar with this show.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)