Trusted Contributor

Re: Warnings for Contact Lense Wearers

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

I remove mine every night and clean them well.   Some solutions say "No rub" so you think you shouldn't rub the lenses with them.   Sometimes, it's the solutions you soak them in.

I have dry eyes, so contacts are harder to wear for me.  What confuses me is the ones I wear now are disposal every 2 weeks and the "dr" says they aren't as permeable.   Yet, she wants me to try more permeable ones that you wear for a month.  

I would think the ones you throw away sooner would be less difficult on your eyes.

When you go from contacts to glasses, your vision isn't as good and your depth perception is all a mess.

Contacts are wonderful if you take good care of them.   Never sleep in your lenses.   

I just think doctors should be more helpful and informative when prescribing them.

Daring, I've been wearing soft contacts since college.

First, there are daily (not disposable) lenses that are less permeable than monthlies.  It depends on the material, not the wear time.  My monthly contacts are perfect for my dry eyes.  I wear them (sleep in them) Mondays through Fridays and glasses on the weekends.  My day and night vision is clear and precise and my eyes are comfortable.  These contacts are a wonderful recommendation from a new optometrist at Costco.

A good practice is to change your contact lens case every month.  Protein builds up in the case and can lead to excessive dryness or infection.

What brand of lenses are you wearing for a month?   The optometrist mentioned monthly wear as I stated.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warnings for Contact Lense Wearers

Daring, I wear Biofinity monthly contacts.  They are so comfortable!  AND I can see!  I wear them during the week and glasses on the weekends, give or take.

My previous optometrist, who was awful, had me wearing Air Optix Night and Day.  After one week, my eyes were itchy.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.