Honored Contributor

Re: Want to see my friend but......

Skype or do something like that. Even if he stops when you visit, you will smell like a cig. I feel bad for his wife. He's shortening her life.

Valued Contributor

Re: Want to see my friend but......

My husband and three kids all have asthma. Each has allergies and triggers for their asthma. Cigarette smoke is awful for an asthmatic to be around. I had to shield my boys from people with colds as they were growing up. A cold for an asthmatic can be a long ordeal of wheezing,coughing,prednisone,even a  hospital stay. The old commercial for the primatine mist 15 second asthma cure used to aggravate me no end. Asthma is a serious illness. Anyone who has held a nebulizer mask over their one year old sons face hoping to lessen their child's coughing and wheezing at 2 in the morning knows what I'm talking about, while trying to decide if another er visit is necessary.  If you are asthmatic do not subject yourself to cigarette smoke and endanger your own health. Use the phone to catch up and visit outside her house on the patio or invite her to your home .