Honored Contributor

Re: Walked three quarters of a mile yesterday!

It's very pretty here.  Lots of walk paths and bicycle paths, lots of trees and greenery, and there's a pool area.  My prior apartment was behind the police station and just a driveway in front which was all downhill/uphill.  It is a pretty building, but just not a place conducive to outside activity.

Thanks for your compliment about my avatar, SR.  I figured it is so small it wouldn't be offensive. 

I'm so glad you're still here!!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I walk 5 days a week unless it's poring down rain.

Tt's also a great stress reliever.

Plus helps with other health issues.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Super Contributor

Good for you!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I'm sure this was not easy.  You are to be commended. 

Honored Contributor

I never knew how much I missed walking while I was morbidly obese.
When I started being able to walk reasonable distances again, I felt like a kid who'd just been let out on a playground.
Best wishes for your continuing enjoyment and success!
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

I have RA and osteoporisis also, along with a bulging disc, so I totally understand what you are dealing with. Last summer I walked 3 miles daily, this year I can't do it, can't even walk a mile. I am continuing to make the attempt and hope I can get it back. Good luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS, GOOD JOB!

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I haven't been able to walk outside for close to 2weeks because of rain and high humidity.

I make sure that i get up every 15-20 minutes and walk around in my house to be active.

I do walk outside for maybe 10 minutes and go back inside.If not and i stay out longer i get light headed.

Can't wait for all this weather is gone and i can walk further again.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

I have terrible arthritis in my hips and just found out after several different doctors thought it was my low back. I have problems there, but nothing like the crippling stuff going on in my hips. I am in physical therapy now, and I can tell it's going to help. I also have a rollator that I got from QVC, which I love. I think I will start taking walks with it and see how far I can go. It makes life so much easier. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Briggsie

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lilac Tree,

I am very happy for you. You did what you could and that is what counts when comes to feeling good about yourself. Setting a goal is a positive for everyone wishing to achieve improving both their physical and mental well being.

Bravo to you for setting a goal for yourself, I have found during my, oh so numerous recoveries, having a goal was paramount to me, pertaining to working to achieve my realistic and reachable goals.

My best wishes to you,

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Congratulations   I hope you have inspired me to start walking.  I keep saying every morning I need to walk but have not done it yet.

You go gal!!!