Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh, I’m so sorry.   When will you be having surgery?   

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Bri36- well, they scheduled it for Dec 11th late in the day, but I wasn’t pleased with the hospital choice at all, great hospital, too far from our house and very congested and so late in the day.  So I called another, highly recommended, surgeon when we got home and I’m seeing him on the 6th. He does his surgeries close to our house. 

Don't know if that’s the smartest move I could make, but the other just didn’t feel right to me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Bri36- well, they scheduled it for Dec 11th late in the day, but I wasn’t pleased with the hospital choice at all, great hospital, too far from our house and very congested and so late in the day.  So I called another, highly recommended, surgeon when we got home and I’m seeing him on the 6th. He does his surgeries close to our house. 

Don't know if that’s the smartest move I could make, but the other just didn’t feel right to me. 

@gidgetgh, you have to do what feels right for you.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Waiting for MRI results

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh

Runner's Knee----Chondromalacia Patella.

I have ran in many thousands of miles over 5 decades and never have had a major knee issue of the joint itself. About 2 weeks after I retired, here I was with Patella Tendonitis. This was at that time, what took athletes so long to recover from ACL, or any knee ligament surgery. The inflammation was the major recovery length factor.

Spent about 3 months, no running/no ice skating/no elliptical, pretty much only able to exercise my upper body, and my right leg. Not a fun time as I figured on running more after I retired. 

Required PT 3 times per week working on the VMO muscle groups and even used Biofeedback machine to make sure my quad muscles were firing after the VMO had contracted. This was more mentally exhausting than anything. It had to become the normal function before putting any load on the knees. Finally it became a natural movement and I attribute that to my long standing lack of having no knee joint issues, ever.

Have not read any posts but the 1st one with which you started this thread. Hopefully you got your answers by now. I also have to add that my Podiatrist made me Custom Orthotics, and I feel that also help protect me from any knee joint injuries. Of course working on strong Quad Muscles was a regular part of my many strengthening exercise, that should be a given to anyone wanting to protect their knees.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh,

My husband tore his meniscus in April.  Due to his multiple health issues, the VA will not repair this surgically.   He sees ortho every 3 months to have fluid drawn off his knee and receive a cortisone shot.   

Best wishes to you with the repair, and recovery.