Honored Contributor

Re: WW very informative meeting today

@qualitygal wrote:

Found out a number of them, shoot for very low B & L meals, so D. is easier to be able to eat.   I don't set out that way for the day, but I'm rethinking a few things.

The most interesting thing was how one lady used cauliflower.  I don't use it as much, but I'm going to look into using it more. Also need to use plain yogurt in place of ff mayo.  Guess that tastes good.

I really love it when we all discuss what we eat and how we do it.  Little tricks of the trade.  It's such fun to hear some of this info.  

i have substituted some things or less fat version

such as milk = soy,  FF 1/2,  all egg whites

but just can't with lof fat mayo, the texture just isn't the same. 

would sooner have real mayo and make changes elsewhere, but we need to do what is best.

I actually have been using an Italian dressing in my tuna instead lately, it was a demo at Costco, less calories 

Wishbone Simply Artisan Blend Itlalian, tastes great and a few ingredients, compared to some other bottled dressings 

how did the Lady use cauliflower please

Valued Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@Fifi1 wrote:

@I find eating a larger breakfast and lunch and smaller dinner - no snacks following the evening meal @ 6:30pm WORKS really well for me.  

Health wise and metabolism efficiency both favor your 

method.

Unfortunately, I am unwilling to do this, and eat a vast majority of my food after dinner at 7:00 pm.

I feel way better in the morning when I eat this way.  I've found that at 60 I can't drop five #'s with extra exercise and it's gone!  I've always been thin, but I see how aging can change the body and I'm fighting it!!!!

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I often use whole milk greek yogurt in cooking. I have a deviled egg recipe that uses greek yogurt with only 3 tbsp of mayo. I think it's becoming easier to find substitutions using yogurt now. 

What are B & L meals? 

Thanks. 

B breakfast

L lunch

D dinner

Respected Contributor

@CHATTY     could you please clarify about the Greek yogurt mixed with jello SF pudding?  Do you mean use a tablespoon of the powdered pudding or do you use the pudding prepared with milk?  It sounds like something I'd like.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox, YEs, it is very dooable.

Would you include a layout of your plans on eating today, please?

I like to see how different people do it.

Honored Contributor

@Beachgirl42, that's how I've been doing mine too.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

how did the Lady use cauliflower please

She said she squeezed the water out of the cauliflower (think she got the frozen bag ones) and used that at the bottom of a pan, to make a quiche.  She put veggies on top of it and whatever else I guess that she wanted and you can put in a quiche.   If any is left however, she said, don't reheat in the microwave.  It would taste like cauliflower.  She said doing it in the oven, and you won't know it's cauliflower!  Pretty cool!

Honored Contributor

Have any of you gone back to 2 percent or whole milk and yogurt?  I did that and I find that it keeps me full longer and satisfies me more than the no and low fat versions did

Doesn't seem to have affected my blood work at all.  I am not a weight watchers member now, but was a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

Sorry I can not do that I never eat the same thing two days in a  row.

I eat a lot of Boards Head Pepper turkey, salads, and fruit.

My new fav is Canadian bacon with a scrambled egg and salsa - 1 pt using trader joes fire roasted salsa

@qualitygal wrote:

@I am still oxox, YEs, it is very dooable.

Would you include a layout of your plans on eating today, please?

I like to see how different people do it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Have any of you gone back to 2 percent or whole milk and yogurt?  I did that and I find that it keeps me full longer and satisfies me more than the no and low fat versions did

Doesn't seem to have affected my blood work at all.  I am not a weight watchers member now, but was a long time ago.

I have not, but that is not surprising, 

take a look at Califa unsweetend almond milk 35 cals /cup.  It was a huge jump for me to switch from milk to fake milk but it meant I could still drink all my tea, that I have to have