Respected Contributor

WW is back as a weight loss program in new ads

Guess that ' eat healthy' campaign didn't work  so well for them.

And of course OW pitching as usual which I'll never understand as she doesn't represent health or healthy eating to me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WW is back as a weight loss program in new ads

As sure as the sun rises, the champagne corks hit the floor, and the party hats come off, here comes WW with THE answer to everyone's weight problems.

And THE answer to fluffing up their bank accounts with the 5 pounds you lost before you gained the 10 that you pack on before summer. . . 

Esteemed Contributor

Ah yes, a new year, and we are all too fat.  So predictable.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   as someone who has struggled with weight issues for at least 75 Years now, Oprah represents all of us who battle every day to lose or maintain a loss.

Advice from elsewhere rarely resonates.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Guess that ' eat healthy' campaign didn't work  so well for them.

And of course OW pitching as usual which I'll never understand as she doesn't represent health or healthy eating to me. 

I'm not surprised it didn't work. I know it didn't for me. I'm sorry, a person cannot eat all the fruits and veggies they want and still lose weight. The eat healthy plan punished you for eating a cookie buy using up almost all your points. And when you only have 19 a day that isn't much. 

Esteemed Contributor

I joined last week, because of a special that they had. I decided to wait until after Christmas so I am starting the digital program today.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ellaphant   as someone who has struggled with weight issues for at least 75 Years now, Oprah represents all of us who battle every day to lose or maintain a loss.

Advice from elsewhere rarely resonates.  

So you would rather take advice from someone who has not lost the weight? 

Honored Contributor

I'm a "life member" from back in the the early 1990s when the plan allowed "5 breads, 2 milks" etc. etc.  Lost about 20 pounds on that plan.

Went back about 10 years ago.   I found the "plan" too flexible and structureless.  Quit after 2 weeks.  Too bad.  I wish I had the program from 30 years ago--LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

sounds like a lot of excuses to me.   Their plan is a good one.  It is more personalized than ever to help you lose weight and be healthier.   I reached my goal weight 3 years ago and have had no problem maintaining my goal weight with their maintenance plan.   No diet will work if your head isn't into it

Esteemed Contributor

Back in my college days a friend and I decided to go to WW to lose the 10-15 freshman weight we packed on. We stopped to eat pizza on the way to get weighed the first time! The gals at WWs said a LOT of people did that ... one last meal. I remember WW working back then. BUT .... since we were poor college students, we ate a lot of canned tuna in water and chicken thigh meat. Gotta be honest, to this day, it's hard for me to eat either tuna or chicken thighs. Smiley Happy 

I've always thought, based on friend's experience, that WWs was an effective "diet" plan as it mainly was about portion control and drinking lots of water. I remember friends saying when they went all in on WWs they HAD to stay near the toilet all day long. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."