Super Contributor

Re: WW is back as a weight loss program in new ads

@kaydee50 wrote:

I'm a "life member" from back in the the early 1990s when the plan allowed "5 breads, 2 milks" etc. etc.  Lost about 20 pounds on that plan.

Went back about 10 years ago.   I found the "plan" too flexible and structureless.  Quit after 2 weeks.  Too bad.  I wish I had the program from 30 years ago--LOL!!!

I was successful on this program also.  I tried all the newer programs with no luck, they should go back to the old program

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a life time member of Weight Watchers.  I lost my weight with their older program, the one from the late 80's, early 90's.  The exchange program.  I quit them as soon as they went to their point program as it just did not work for me.  I need the structure the exchange program provides.

The Richard Simmons deal a meal program is close to the old WW plan.  And the old WW books and program are still available, used, if you look on line.  I kept most of my books and info and print outs and still use them to maintain my weight.  

Exited to add:  There is thread in Among Friends that those of us using the old plan post on.  Please join us!

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Girls-Whom-Among-Us-Did-WW-Exchange-Programs-Of-the-1980-...

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been involved with the various WW program plans for years. What I have found is that the majority of them work for me, but I have to work the plan. It takes dedication on my part, and the realization that the zero point, or unlimited foods, for the most part are meant to be used in moderation. Most people won't eat enough green beans that would cause weight gain.

I have the app on my phone, and find it to be extremely helpful in keeping me in the correct food amounts, and choices for either weight loss, or maintenance. I can set it either way. 

Weight loss and maintenance remains a challenge for me, but WW is by far the best all around program I have ever seen. 

WW changes the programs periodically to generate interest. Most people resist change, but there are a variety of plans available. If you find that one does not fit your needs, you can select a different plan.