Honored Contributor

Re: WW horrible presentation!

@kaydee50 wrote:

Can you use the plan if you don't have a smartphone???

Yes, I just use my computer.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I  partially watched the afternoon presentation with Terri Conn (sp?). I found that more informative. I had to leave the tv and when I returned they had been discussing bar codes on food products and scanning them . Can anyone explain how that figures in? 

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I  partially watched the afternoon presentation with Terri Conn (sp?). I found that more informative. I had to leave the tv and when I returned they had been discussing bar codes on food products and scanning them . Can anyone explain how that figures in? 

once the app is installed you can scan the barcode and the food will be added to food for the day 

I don't have WW but use the same function in my fitbit app

Esteemed Contributor

I have done the ww program, and I have lost weight. My mother lost 100 lbs several years ago, and she has since gained it all back, unfortunately.

It is hard to have the willpower to stick to it for me, but it is doable. Also, there are several different websites that feature weight watcher friendly recipes.

Emily Bites, skinny taste, skinny kitchen, are a few of them.

It does sound like the QVC presentation left a lot to be desired and that is too bad, becuase WW really does work for a lot of folks.

Respected Contributor

The afternoon program with Teri Conn was much more informative and calmer.  Very nice

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@okaywitheasypay Also if you're at the grocery store and not sure about buying something, you can scan the barcode and get point information.  

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@okaywitheasypay- Scanning the barcode of a food item lets you know how many points it is, so you can stay within your alloted range for the day.

Super Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Wow!  Unfortunately, I have to agree with these posts about Jane T.  After the segment, I put it on my FB closed WW page how the QVC host monopolized the show, not letting the WW rep say hardly anything.  Why was she there if not to share info?  I will say that Jane got a whole lot of her 'nothing' in cause she talked at a lightning speed, lol.

I hardly watch QVC anymore because I'm trying to downsize, not buy.  But I'm glad to see that Jane realizes she has gained weight, as most of us do when we age.  When she'd do clothing segments, she still said she wore small and Jane is short and hippy like me who wears medium most of the time unless the item ran big.

I'm sure they will have a different host this afternoon and I'm going to try to watch.

I didn't see the JT presentation. I watched the entire presentation with Teri Conn whom I really like. The vendor was really poor. She gave no information on how to use the points, how to customize the program for yourself, what zero points mean, etc. She just kept talking about and showing pictures of people who have lost weight on programs from years past. Teri was very gracious but hardly said anything. She just showed a huge table of fruits & veggies and a large tray of shrimp - all of them zero points. I wanted to know if zero points mean you can eat all you want. I doubt it. No explantation of the differences between blue and purple poionts. All questions were met with the same reply: get the app. The presentation was not well thought out. Once of the callers asked about renewing after 3 months. The vendor told her to as customer service!

I've never used NutriSystem but I will say this: Marie Osmond knows how to explain her product.

Super Contributor

I tuned in to learn about the new WW...I remember the Weight Watchers of the 1980s and my friend had success back in the day with them, so I was curious to learn about the latest approach and any changes. Wow, did I tune out quickly...I am pretty used to ignoring JT when I watch her shows (which is only if I am REALLY interested in the product) but she went beyond even her own self-aggrandizing this time. I will give her an A+ for ego but I honestly am surprised the Q execs don't suggest she dial it down with the personal stuff and let products be the stars...guess she just is who she is. Too bad for WW!

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay 

QVC is selling the program.  It is unfortunate that there seems to be a lack of information gained from the shows. 

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I was curious about what QVC would sell in regards to this so I did watch for awhile. 

An app of which there are many low cost or free tracking ones of many diet plans online. Or you can chose the app with workshop /meetings which has been the crux of WW since it's conception by it's founder.

I purchased the little  point calculators they had about 5- 10 years (ago) . It seemed helpful at first but I spent money on them then used for about 3 months. I found I spent a lot of time looking items up , then recording it . I think I may watch this afternoon  and see if it is explained better.

After watching last night Iearned that Jane's mother was a nutritionist that preached moderation and eating all fruits and vegatables. (one of the best all round ideas IMO ).Jane's sister was going to use WW . Jane switched out white rice for brown in one of her family's meals. I missed Oprah's call but from the commercial I guess she is still loving bread. 

WW can be a good program for many . I still do not quite understand what QVC had to do with it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.