Esteemed Contributor

Re: WW horrible presentation!

@lizzief wrote:

Unbelievable! All about JT, nothing about how the plan works! For WW newbies, you need to know how the point system works, give an example of a day, give an example of a meal. Show what the tools are, show an example of how they work. So much information they could have presented and didn’t!

@lizzief  .... I agree with you 100% .... I was screaming at the TV for Jane to shut up ... it’s always all about her!!!! .... I wanted to hear how everything works & no she kept talking about her her her .... The poor representative from WW didn’t really get a chance .... hopefully she is not the host for the show on Monday .... I really can’t stand her anymore!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
  • It's no wonder WW is about to go bankrupt if they can't do a decent job of selling their own program.  Did they have a rep on the show?  They have a great program but have always done a poor job marketing it.  You'd think Oprah would see to them doing much better.

@Kachina624 ... if Jane T was not the host it would have been better .... all she did was talk about her her her ... she didn’t let the WW rep talk & explain anything .... the only time she was quiet was when Oprah called in ... JT has to go.

Valued Contributor

A few years ago in our town they had WWs meetings at the hospital, at a local restaurant, and several in neighboring towns.  Now, none of them exist here.  I lost weight and kept it off for a few years, then WWs didn't work for me.  Why?  Nobody could tell me.  WWs kept giving me the "jump start" program to follow, but I lost nothing.  So, I finally went to South Beach and did lose again.  As far as I remember, WWs always kept their plan rather secrective until you joined and the leader explained things in detail.  I really am not surprised that they gave away very few details.  Don't get me started about Jane as Jane was just being Jane, as far as I saw tonight.

Honored Contributor

In my book, they don't need to be connected with the Q.  

Join up if you want all the perks.  Learn about it to do it correctly.  

Esteemed Contributor

While channel surfing during ads every time I got to the Q she was yammering about herself and then at one point I hit on the last minute or so of her talking to Oprah over the phone and then Jane going on about how in 30 (or however many years she said) on the Q that talking to Oprah was her greatest moment in all those years. I'm not using her exact words, because I don't remember them exactly word for word, but that's what she was wanting to get across to the viewers.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Unfortunately, I have to agree with these posts about Jane T.  After the segment, I put it on my FB closed WW page how the QVC host monopolized the show, not letting the WW rep say hardly anything.  Why was she there if not to share info?  I will say that Jane got a whole lot of her 'nothing' in cause she talked at a lightning speed, lol.

I hardly watch QVC anymore because I'm trying to downsize, not buy.  But I'm glad to see that Jane realizes she has gained weight, as most of us do when we age.  When she'd do clothing segments, she still said she wore small and Jane is short and hippy like me who wears medium most of the time unless the item ran big.

I'm sure they will have a different host this afternoon and I'm going to try to watch.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Regular Contributor

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was left "scratching their head" after sitting thru most of the show!

I just started Weight Watchers (yes, Weight Watchers ... I hate when they change brand recognizable names into odd logos ... yikes).  Anyway, I do the online/digital version and it's very helpful ... but I would have liked sooo much more from the QVC presentation.

They really didn't explain the program at all ... we should have had a mini "1st meeting intro" if you will ... so QVC, here's what I wanted to know:

1.  If you're a current Weight Watchers member paying month to month online, can you buy the QVC offer and extend your membership?  How would you do that?  Can you keep your established Weight Watchers account and just add a code to extend the membership?  Or, QVC, maybe you were only talking to brand new members?? (but you didn't say that).

2.  How do the points plans work ... a little about the green/blue/purple new plans ... so we can be informed.

3.  Give clear examples of how much some of those "pretty" meals are worth in terms of points AND how you can strategize to work them into your day's points allowance ... because points do go fast if you're cooking up full on meals.

4.  Insider tips ... this was such a missed opportunity ... listen, we all have seen before/after folks for all diet programs, we all know we should weigh less and set a goal for a healthy weight, we've all tried a gazillion programs/plans over our lifetimes  etc etc. 

What we needed to here was the WHY ... WHY exactly Weight Watchers is different and how the "tools" work, how does the Weight Watchers formula work (just from my few weeks, it feels like it limits carbs, sugar and fat big time but I'd really like to know that specific info ... I like to understand how things work/are set up to work).  Also, tips on how to be successful (like you might receive in a first intro workshop/session) ... convince us that we can work with the "tools" to be successful.  I really don't care about Joe Schmo who lost some pounds over the last 10 years ... I wanted to know how it's going to work for ME.

Bottom line, if I wasn't already a newbie member, the QVC presentation did nothing to make me want to join.  And, as a newbie, the QVC presentation, told me nothing/taught me nothing and didn't let current members know if they could take advantage of the QVC offer.

P.S.  Weight Watchers, if you're reading this, here are some suggestions for you:

Please fix the online foods "search" bar ... you should be able to highlight/delete your last food word searched rather than having to click and delete characters one by one ... oh dear. 

And, you should have an overview/summary page that gives you a snapshot of your progress on one page (charts about weight, points used on various days), also one that shows you a week's worth (or even a month's worth) of perspective ... showing your food points, fitness points, borrowed weekly points ... I really dislike only being able to see a day at a time ... need an overview.   

Plus, for us digital folks, you should have a mini video online series that "newbies" can watch with all the tips and tricks that we need ... the more you teach us, the more successful we will be.  Right now, wading thru various, random articles just isn't efficient or motivating.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624. Bankrupt? Where do you come up with this stuff. They’ve been around for 50 years! I can understand you didn’t like the presentation but that has nothing to do with the success of the program or it’s solvency. For those of you who the program did t work for has more to do with your commitment rather than the program. All diets work if you stick with them.
Frequent Contributor

As a lifetime member, a workshop is a new fancier word for "meeting."

Frequent Contributor

Workshop = a meeting