Honored Contributor

Re: WW fires 4,000 employees in a Zoom call. No severance.

@lovesrecess wrote:
if they were using Zoom they were really taking the cheap way out; Zoom is free but you can only use it for a short time...guess firing 400 at one time was all they could afford. Pretty crummy treatment. They could have had a lot of new members now that so many are dealing with the "quarantine fifteen"

The free version of Zoom allows for 40 minutes of use.  However, there are pay versions of Zoom as well.  

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

What is WW?

I thought it must have something to do with Walmart.  Then I noticed Oprah's name did not have a clue.  I know nothing of Weight Watchers and did not realize Oprah is a part of that organization.  All those jobs and it sounds like they were informed very unprofessional and unkind.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

That IS a big cabbage!  I wonder what fertilizer she/her gardener uses. 

(No snark, please.)

@esmerelda Woman Very Happy  Really?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   About what?  Don't you agree it's a big cabbage?  

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Sooner   About what?  Don't you agree it's a big cabbage?  

@esmerelda You asked!  My thoughts were going along the path of how much fertilizer they might need and where the supply would come from.  Fertilizer in the metaphorical sense that is. . . Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   You know...that did cross my mind when I read your post, but thought, "No, she didn't mean that." 😄😄

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Sooner   You know...that did cross my mind when I read your post, but thought, "No, she didn't mean that." 😄😄

@esmerelda Uh oh!  You know me! Robot surprisedWoman Embarassed

Regular Contributor

It's kind of bad the way they did in a Zoom call. However, I'm not surprised. There are so many weight loss plans now. WW had its day. As far as severance pay, I never received ANY at all when I lost my job in 2013 after being at the same place 30 years. Not everyone gets severance pay when they lose their job.

Valued Contributor

@esmerelda I am up one clothing size from last year at this time due to worry and emotional eating!  Oh yeah, I have a good reason to join WW!  Thanks for your positivity and support!

Honored Contributor

They closed my location as a reopening studio.  The members can continue as a virtual only group.  Members are very upset.  This location is like on the border connecting so many communities and they will have more traveling to do if they want to do in person meetings when they resume.  WW has this happy talk in emails about how members are loving virtual meetings.  I'd say half do and half don't.  Person to person groups work better for some, not to mention that the monthly fee has not been adjusted for the lack of personalized guidance.  

I've gained my 'quarantine five' pounds and I'm owning up to it, lol.  Not WW's fault that I lack discipline, I guess.  Not their fault either that this pandemic precipitated them making this quick change to virtual zoom meetings.  They're loosing money big time, so many clients are quitting.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)