Respected Contributor

Re: WW blaming 'KETO' over lack of sales???

Not impressed with Oprah.  I know she is very wealthy, and I know that she bragged about having a personal chef years ago who helped her lose weight. But she fails to maintain any weight loss she has achieved, and always gains the weight back.  Not a good spokesperson for WW or any other diet plan.

Same poblem Jenny Craig had with Kirstie Alley  Lose it and gain it back.  Not a good representation of the diet results. I'm realy tired of seeing Marie Osmond, but at least she has maintained her weight loss.  Maybe I should try Nutrisystem. Does anyone know who creates their foods?

I've tried both, and lost the desired weight on each. I wish I could remember how I lost the weight with that original WW plan. It worked well and quckly for me.  If anyone has any info on that I would love to share it.   Can't get to meetings right now as I am still not driving post stroke.  But I'm not iinterested in the points program - just the original plan from years back.  

Also does anyone know who prepaares the foods for Jenny Craig and/or Nutrisystem?  Wondering if they might be the same.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Perkup....... is this what you were looking for: Protein 4 (70 calories each) Milk 2(90 cal. each) Bread 4(80 cal each) Fat 2(40 cal each) Veggies 3 (unlimited if non starchy) Fruit 2 (60 cal each) You also had the option of choosing 7 floaters (weekly) from any of the food groups as well as 750 optional calories. Here’s a link to a Pinterest showing the old program https://lifeafterlowcarb.blogspot.com/2015/03/looking-for-old-weight-watchers.html Here’s another one: http://www.forwardmotion411.com/fitness/weight-watchers-original-diet-plan I found these on Pinterest.
Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal,  @charvale ,

Thanks for your insight. Won't bother reading any further.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

This thread is piggy backing off of a thread which started in Community Chat.  Sounds like the OP really wants to talk about Oprah Winfrey's weight problem.

And what about my talking about Oprah? Gee, we can't discuss if a person is over weight in a context that is about being healthy??  She is the 'face ' of Weight Watchers. Excuse me if I don't believe a very over weight person- Oprah- or anyone else should be the spokesperson for a diet plan, 'wellness' plan or what ever marketing ploy they are using. I like Oprah a lot- just don't see her as the right spokesperson. Same thing with Kirstie Alley, Duchess Sarah .... Stock prices are indicating 'something' is not working.

Respected Contributor

I think everyone has to decide what works best for them.  I don't like to call how I eat a diet, but it's important to find a way to keep the weight in check.  I know 2 people on KETO that have had fantastic results in dropping the pounds.  They look, and feel great!  Good for them!  This is just another version of Atkins, which is still popular.  Sorry, but I have to agree that Oprah isn't exactly the best choice for the face of WW.  Not all that inspiring.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care who the "face" of WW supposedly is.  Never have.  It doesn't matter to me one bit.  I cannot believe it affects anyone.

I couldn't even tell you who the past faces of WW have been.  I know that I joined to lose weight and do my thing, not come up with an excuse that the face of WW is overweight and as a result, I just can't follow the plan.

WW can blame KETO all they want but keto has been around for a very long time in one way or another.  WW did themselves in and it has nothing to do with Oprah either.  

I don't think TPTB have their head wrapped around a good plan anymore.  They are continually changing and now to try and rebrand WW from a weightloss plan to a wellness plan was a huge mistake IMO.  

WW has been changing for a very long time and not for the better. 

Honored Contributor

Hadn't heard that they were blaming Keto for lack of sales; in fact, I wasn't aware that they were lacking in sales for any reason. However, the time I used it, it worked for me. Many years ago. And like others, I don't care who is the "face" or "body" of WW if I wanted to use it again. I would only want to know if the product/program worked.

Esteemed Contributor

Valerie Bertonelli also gained her weight back. Marie Osmond has really been good for Nutrisystem. She has kept it off a long time. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Not impressed with Oprah.  I know she is very wealthy, and I know that she bragged about having a personal chef years ago who helped her lose weight. But she fails to maintain any weight loss she has achieved, and always gains the weight back.  Not a good spokesperson for WW or any other diet plan.

Same poblem Jenny Craig had with Kirstie Alley  Lose it and gain it back.  Not a good representation of the diet results. I'm realy tired of seeing Marie Osmond, but at least she has maintained her weight loss.  Maybe I should try Nutrisystem. Does anyone know who creates their foods?

I've tried both, and lost the desired weight on each. I wish I could remember how I lost the weight with that original WW plan. It worked well and quckly for me.  If anyone has any info on that I would love to share it.   Can't get to meetings right now as I am still not driving post stroke.  But I'm not iinterested in the points program - just the original plan from years back.  

Also does anyone know who prepaares the foods for Jenny Craig and/or Nutrisystem?  Wondering if they might be the same.

@Perkup 

That's because she looooves bread .......  LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

That's ridiculous - just an excuse for their terrible new WW campign. WELLNESS  is great but Oprah iis not a good example of a successful weight loss program. She is terribly over weight. And she doesn't represent 'wellness' to me either.

@ellaphant 

Meant to ask you ....  where did you read that WW was blaming Keto ?