Respected Contributor

WW blaming 'KETO' over lack of sales???

That's ridiculous - just an excuse for their terrible new WW campign. WELLNESS  is great but Oprah iis not a good example of a successful weight loss program. She is terribly over weight. And she doesn't represent 'wellness' to me either.

Super Contributor

Re: WW blaming 'KETO' over lack of sales???

Here we go again today talking about another woman and her weight. This has nothing to do with their problems. It is eazy to point fingers at another person sitting behind a computer, and we wonder why the children act this way. I usually just look at some of the bashing of the hosts and others that some of you  talk about and wonder do you ever think that people feel the same about you no matter what you look like.

Occasional Contributor

WW has been in trouble for years.  That's why Oprah got involved.  They thought her investment and influence could turn it around.  People want simplicity in a diet plan.  Dieting is not fun.  WW might work, but it seems complicated with the point system.  Prepared meal programs like Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, and South Beach take the hassle of food prep and portioning out of the equation, and it's delivered to you.  Keto makes it simple by eliminating most carbs, like Atkins.  Oprah is not as popular as she thinks she is.  And yes, her size is not the best advertisement for a diet program.   WW can't blame the latest diet craze for their long term ongoing problems.  

Honored Contributor

@ellaphantNo idea exactly what causes WW's problems  -  points did it for me, but I lost 55 pounds in recent years using an older WW eating plan.  I won't use any "unbalanced" eating style, not voluntarily anyway.

KETO would send me to the operating table in,  maybe 6 months!  It's not for everyone, but nothing is.

Esteemed Contributor

This thread is piggy backing off of a thread which started in Community Chat.  Sounds like the OP really wants to talk about Oprah Winfrey's weight problem.

Esteemed Contributor

If you follow business news and I do with a passion....

The business community considers WW a frozen food company with a pricey diet program backing it.

Agreed, no one program works for everyone. 

Super Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

This thread is piggy backing off of a thread which started in Community Chat.  Sounds like the OP really wants to talk about Oprah Winfrey's weight problem.

@qbetzforreal 

She also started another thread about Oprah as not a good "face of WW" a few weeks ago. I agree with you. It's not about WW it's about Oprah.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who was on WW for years and was happy with it.  She quit after Oprah came on and they changed their points system around.  I think it might have cut way back on fruit because I know she realy likes fruit.  Now, personally, I would agree with the cutting back on fruit because of the sugar content, but what I really didn't understand was, if she liked the old program and knew how it worked, why didn't she just stick with that instead of quitting altogether?

Honored Contributor

KETO is the most ridiculous thing on Earth.

It’s sexy & flashy marketing takes even the most sensible

person, who would be logically going to WW to lose weight & change

permanent lifestyle, and throws all common sense out the window.

Don’t worry WW....all those KETO people will be knocking on your

door in due time. 

Honored Contributor

So Ophrah's single handedly dragging down sales.