Valued Contributor

Hi @morganjen . My poodle had h.g.e. bouts too. Quite scary isnt it. Ask your vet about pepcid as an alternative to zantac. We gave our poodle 1/4 pill daily prevention along with carafate sufalcrate as needed for times symptoms needed extra care.  He did well on the peptic ac

Super Contributor

Re: WTH! This is insane!

[ Edited ]

And there you have it, you must be distrustful and take full accountability for your own health if you want to live. We have every reason to question the use and misuse of additives, I believe our agencies are overloaded and maybe we should stop with all of the imports and find our own way again.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

POst like your Birki lady just make me sick. Some Americans sound so defeated and disparaging of their own country. Are you an American, you sure arent the kind of person I would want to be around or have as a neighbor. Do you think there is anything done well in the USA? You could move to China as far as I am concerned. Love it or leave it and pack your Zantac.

You think they are light years ahead...look up Yulin.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

WTH is your problem? Nobody on this thread said anything that disparages America, least of all Birki Lady. We don’t want cancer causing drugs in our medicines. It’s because we do love America that we want regulations for safe food and drugs and clean air and water. Don’t you dare spout that love it or leave it stuff. We don’t want to leave it, we want to make it better. And one way to make it a whole lot better is for people to be kind to each other and act like adults again. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Why are people so worried about where they are made?

🤷‍♀️

Shouldn’t they be more worried why they are taking them

in the first place?  Then work to remove/reduce that medication

from their life.

All that energy...is misdirected.

@sidsmom 

Gee, you think if I WORKED hard enough on it, I could somehow get off of my 2 epilepsy meds?  Maybe I could just THINK my 2 seizure disorders right out of my brain?!?!

Get real, lady.  Not everything has to do with food.

BTW, I ate a "Chicken Caesar Wrap" from a small national chain beloved by many on these forums and contracted microcolitis.  I was as sick as a dog, let me tell you, and a side bar to that was my first experience with horrible "heartburn."  It was so bad I developed Barrett's, so don't naysay one more drug drug: the person taking it or the person prescribing it, for you are not privy to the clinical reasons for doing so.

Also, as consumers, we have a right to ask our pharmacists the country origins of our meds.  I have and have refused meds from China.  I will gladly pay more, for I don't trust QA in China.  Plain and simple (as evidenced by the heparin incident).

Trusted Contributor

@DianeJ2  I talked to the vet and she read the same report. They suggested switching her to Previcid, but reading up on it, sounds like the Pepcid would be more similar to Zantac.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

@morganjen  Talk to your vet about Pepcid vs Prevacid def. My vet preferred it first over prevacid, said was similar to zantac, milder on my boy&was more effective than the prevacid. HGE comes on so suddenly 😯 I was always ready at home with Pepcid, metronidazole and carafate. My poodle was prone to it even when I did everything right. Rice, bland hamburger, boiled chicken etc. Not to hijack the human thread, but anytime you need a chat about HGE,  happy to help...hope either will work great!