Trusted Contributor

Gov't Medicare does indeed cover the 2-dose shingles shot, but only if you have a Medicare Part D plan  Medicare A & B does not cover the shingles shots.  A & B does cover flu shots.  Talking regular gov't Medicare; don't know about those newer Medicare Advantage plans.  Confusing for us seniors.

Honored Contributor

I went to Walgreen's years ago for my flu shot.  I was first in line that morning.  The pharmacist who gave me the shot complained the company was not giving them any extra employees to handle the work load and how much he had to do in his other duties.  I got the hint, never went back to Walgreen's for my shot.  I do go to their pharmacy for generic Sudafed, as they stock the 48 box I use.  (small town, no other choice for this item)  I noticed they still have a lack of employee, chairs were full of people, one pharmacist filling scrips and giving shots, one clerk answering phone and handling drrive through, and only one clerk on counter.   

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma  Gee, I'm aghast reading the responses you've gotten here! I'm sorry you just can't have a discussion about a topic without it developing into a hurtful words war. Woman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

This is so puzzling that you were denied a flu shot because Medicare pays for flu vaccines. I would contact Walgreen's for a better explanation.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I always get my flu shot at my doctor's office.  I have been a patient there for almost 20 years.  The office left me a message saying i would not be able to get a flu shot this year because I haven't had a physical for a few years.  Really?!  Is this unusual?  I'm feeling like it is just a money maker requiring me to get a physical.  I am healthy and am not on any medications.

@Biftu 

unusual? no......

i dont know how old you are, but i know that my moms physician will not give her the shot unless she comes in for a checkup each year. being "healthy" and "not being on medications currently" does not preclude you from needing a yearly checkup. a few years is a long time to wait......

that being said, you dont need to get  the flu shot at a doctors office.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I always get my flu shot at my doctor's office.  I have been a patient there for almost 20 years.  The office left me a message saying i would not be able to get a flu shot this year because I haven't had a physical for a few years.  Really?!  Is this unusual?  I'm feeling like it is just a money maker requiring me to get a physical.  I am healthy and am not on any medications.

My dr office sent us a message stating that since we had been in to see the Dr in the past 12 months (our yearly physicals) we were able to walk in for the Flu shot once they were available next week.

Anyone else would need to make an appointment.  I can understand an office asking for patients to get a physical if you haven't had one.  They also need to make sure you don't have any unknown medical conditions.  Prior to this year it had been 3 years since I had my yearly physical and who know for DH.

Insurance companies are putting more pressure on primary care offices.  The offices are being asked to add more patients and if you haven't been there in awhile you may no longer be considered an active patient.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder what it is that makes these same posters reply in  nasty ways  over and over again................lol

Are they so bored with life they need to get noticed  on forums by being mean?........lol

Does it give them a thrill and do they feel big in cutting a person down to their size???

We always see the same names being mean over and over again ,in post after post here.

I feel very sorry for these people.I bet they are very lonely.

If you are gonna try to get a rise out of me,(tempermental as you say I am) .......lol  you will not because I will no longer read or reply to this thread.    Smiley Happy