Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES WON'T COVER

Adding my prayers to yours @1MrsT. So young too. ♥️
Honored Contributor

That is ridiculous @1MrsT! Add lifers to the list.

Those nurses fill 25 plus boxes at a time at the pharmacy. Anyone with any medical training would know no addict would ever have a prescription for so many. No addict would even get a box. They'd get a couple of strips max.

More proof insurers need to stay out of the medical care system. They have no clue what they are even looking at.
Super Contributor

Amen!!! @Laura14

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma:  DH has a medical card and also takes a controlled substance.  Don't ever tell your MD that you are taking MJ or they will cut off your pain meds; just saying...

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Sorry you have so much pain every day.  I use to have constant pain and understand.  Hopefully your medical team can find something to give you relief if what you are taking now is no longer available.  

Esteemed Contributor

DH goes to a hospitalist in Phoenix, which is 3.5 hrs from our small mtn resort community.  We used to get all our scripts filled at our local CVS and then they changed their policy and wouldn't fill any out of town opioid scripts (we had had our scripts filled there for the years!  The Pharmacy Tech who told us this used to work with our out of town doctor!!!!!We now have all of our scripts filled at Safeway.

Honored Contributor

These posts break my heart.

I don't have chronic pain, but I do know pain.

And I know what I experience now will only get worse.

Regarding spinal surgery, it may fix the immediate situation but will cause other problems and won't stop the aging of the bones and any disease progression.   And our bodies are not as resilient in our 60s & 70s as it is in our 20s.

For a young person, yes the surgery will improve their life.

After I lost my kidney, I'm sitting in my hospital room, post-op, waiting for my morphine pump.

Nope, no pump.   Not even morphine!    I complained about being there so much they finally let me go home the next day.   I can hurt in my own bed!

Blue Cross already announced here they will no longer cover opiod prescriptions.   Fortunately, opiods are some of the cheapest drugs available.   But in your case, not sure I would risk changing plans.

I'm so sorry @Lindsays Grandma

You shouldn't have to live like that in this country in the 21st century!

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

How does this person who is not a Dr. ,get these for his patients? Is the pharmacy out of the equation and the patients gets them at their visit?

If not, they having to be working under a Dr.

All ages can be addicted on these.

The person prescribing I think,  is a physicians assistant.  They can prescribe RX, but they must be monitored and be under the direct supervision of a physician.  This person is not.

Regular Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

How does this person who is not a Dr. ,get these for his patients? Is the pharmacy out of the equation and the patients gets them at their visit?

If not, they having to be working under a Dr.

All ages can be addicted on these.

I bet he is someone who can write prescriptions like a Physician's assistant or a nurse practioner. 

Honored Contributor

In the state of PA, you do not need a prescription to buy Narcan.  All pharmacies have it available for sale at their counter directly from the pharmacist.