Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF LOW BLOOD SUGAR?

Thanks everyone for your input.  I will call her and discuss it with her.  She repeated the number several times and it sure sounded like 16 but it is possible she said 60 so I will verify it with her.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I'm a type 2 Diabetic and agree with everything said here re symptoms.  The lowest my BS has ever gotten was at the beginning of my 11 years as a Diabetic and it was 36. I was sweating profusely and couldn't think straight.   I felt so sick I couldn't keep any food down (to help me).  At that number I was sweating profusely, felt so sick I kept vomiting and couldn't keep anything I ate down.  Wasn't thinking straight but for some reason I thought of non fat milk!!  It worked, it raised my numbers enough that I came out of the stupor and eventually ate some bread, then it started rising nicely.

From then on if I feel it starting to go low I have about 10oz f non fat milk!! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I received a call saying that my blood work shows a low blood sugar count of 16 with the norm being 70.  I was asked if I am fasting which I am not, just that I haven't been eating much due to a slight loss of appetite.  Now that my appetite has returned and I am again eating more, I was told that is good and everything should be okay and of course I will be checked again.   Out of curiosity can anyone tell me what the symptoms are? 

@Lindsays Grandma

Why not look up complete information on one of the medical websites?  Web MD or Mayo Clinic come to mind ... or just google it for accurate information.