Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERISE THREAD

@Laura14 I love the freezer on the bottom too.  It's amazing the deals going on now.  I paid $2,250 for the fridge that I bought 14 years ago.....crazy.  There is a back order on them, so the sales guy couldn't even give me an approximate date of delivery.....which would suck if your fridge died.  I noticed that there were no dinged appliances available at Lowe's too....all gone.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD , my sister was delivered a dinged one but she and hubby didn't want it....after waiting six weeks or so.  So Lowe's left the dinged one and about three weeks later a perfect one was delivered.  Her fridge is the one in the picture except no handles.  I'd want handles.  I'm trying to justify buying one since ours is 14 yrs old.  It was repaired for the second time about two years ago.  Could be colder, produce has to be eaten quickly.

Ladies I'm very squirmish.....having to think about my knee being replaced, cataracts removed...yuk.  My sister had a lens replaced a couple of years ago and she said it was a breeze.  As long as I don't drive at night, I'm fine.

Hubby wants oatmeal cookies tomorrow!  Like I need cookies around, lol.  Oink, oink, lol.  Ms Piggy at the door.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickD That is fantastic!  You lucked out with the holiday sales.  I know my mom got a great deal on a package when we built my space.  I hope it comes for you soon.

@Mmsfoxxie I haven't even had my appointments yet and I am already waking up with nightmares.  I really hate the whatever they are going to find wrong that I can't afford for them to do.  Plus I think all of the regular stuff is due including the uncomfortable stuff.

I also am now eligible for I think the colonoscopy.  I think you need someone with you which I have no one so I'm not sure that's even going to happen.  And then the mammogram too where they always give me fits.  I understand why men say no thank you to the medical community and just enjoy their lives.

I do more right than most people and it's just frustrating that I don't get the benefits of it thanks to genetics and not having access to the latest and greatest medical exams..  Anyway, I am going to go enjoy my Sunday.  At some point, I have to go food shopping and vacuum.  Need to also find a good stress relief program...😂

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, Super windy here not sure we won't lose power again.  I just came in from picking up sticks and branches.   This morning was spin bike 30 minutes, treadmill 30 minutes and 20 on the TG.  

My grandsons 3rd Birthday today and we can't be there.  We FT'd though and he sure was excited opening up grandma and grandpa's gift.  He's major into dinosaurs so we gave him 3 that he didn't already have and a book on dinosaurs.  He has like 30 or more dinosaurs and can tell you the name of each one!  I find that amazing!  

My freezer is on the bottom also but we don't have an ice maker and I wish we did.  I still use old fashioned ice cube trays.  No water dispensor either.  Hubby always says that isn't necessary.   But I WANT it!  We're looking at gas fireplaces now for our basement.  We are slowly trying to get half of it done.  Only been here 37 years!  If money was no object we'd have it done.  If anyone knows online of a site to look at please pass it on.  I went to fireplacesdirect.com and looked but not sure where else.    We have a local place but very very pricey.  We do try and do local business though.   Probably have to bring the car in this week too.

@Mmsfoxxie  I hate dr. appointments.  I feel for you!   My sister had her hip replaced and she breezed through that.  My son is having a little get together today at their camp and we said no.  He said they are not wearing masks, wasn't being snotty or anything but wanted me to know as they would be outside a lot but we are not comfortable with that not after on the news they said even family members of 5 or less can carry it to you.  So we are watching baseball now.

@Laura14  yes you need a driver after that procedure.   I have the dreaded Mammo on the 29th of this month....

@MickD that was a good deal you got!  My fridge is black and my stove is almond.  As stove is 37 years old.  I think my next one I want gas.  Any recommendations on stoves as long as we are talking appliances?  

Not much else here going on... Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 if you find a good stress relief program, share it!  LOL  My stress, anxiety, etc., just seem to be getting worse.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all,

Did my yoga which included jumping jacks and squats.  Who knew?  I am doing all the long ones she has scheduled for this month on my days off.  

She has really short ones throughout the rest of the month so I found the PopSugar fitness youtube channel.  I might supplement with that.  They have a bunch of different workouts on there. When I get to work days, I may do one at night along with yoga.  

I can't get myself motivated to even go food shopping or do laundry up til now.  I really need to get dressed and do that at some point.  We will see.  It is amazing how a bad work week can really take it out of you.  

If this is a true holiday for you, enjoy!  

Respected Contributor

Happy Labor Day, not much going on here.  I worked out on the TG for 45 minutes, did 30 minutes rebounding on the reformer and 20 on the upright rebounder.  Just got home from a doggie walk and watching baseball now.

We are cool today 60 and the winds are calmed down so it's pleasant outside.

Yesterday was so windy!

@Laura14  do you know of any sites for gas fireplaces?   We are researching but it's the blind leading the blind and I know you like to decorate like I do.  Pop Sugar fitness has some good workouts.  Do you do the Les Mills?  They have good also.

Some days I feel like just vegging  LOL but I make myself do my activity/exercise but I also feel like eating ****** food today too!  Hahha  anyone want to join me so I don't feel guilty??  Smiley Wink

Not much else going on here but that's fine by me!

Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@bopper I do not.  The house is still my mother's so I do tabletop decor for my immediate space only. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Well, we were at 96 yesterday and  I think the current temp is 34 or something.  It is mostly raining, but they are predicting that it will change to snow as the temps fall.  My dogs wouldn't even  go on their walk this morning because it was raining.

I did LaBlast on Saturday, as well as painted my closet trim on Friday and taping it off for my friend's kid to paint on Sunday.  My closet looks really nice.  I would post a picture, but the walls look white, even though they aren't.  It's a Glidden color called Zen. It's a bit more blue than I thought it was, but it looks very clean.  I can't wait until the hardware is installed so I can get everything back in the closet.

Yesterday I had a dance lesson, which is always a workout.  We're filming the rest of my dances next week and I should have a link for the streaming soon.  It is on October 9 and because we are doing this for charity, the studio is asking for a small donation to watch.  I'll post the link when I get it.

Today I am going to do the live stream lablast.  I was going to start walking again because it is cool, but it is also very wet, so may postpone that for a few days.

I'm fighting with Kevin--he refuses to eat his food and I know he is hungry.  He'll eat his treats, but turns up his nose at his food--even if it has bacon grease on it.  I felt so bad for him last night that I gave him some of my hamburger and he wolfed it down, so I know he is hungry.

Hope you all had a good Labor Day.

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

@DrKelli I saw on the news the weather change in your area.....crazy!

I didn't run as planned yesterday morning.....why?  Our dishwasher broke, and we were trying to troubleshoot.  It's only around 4 years old.  I give up.  And the same repair service that misreported my leaking fridge will be out to check the dishwasher.....oh brother....if it's the same guy....he's gonna have some splaining to do.

Cool slightly drizzly morning.  Trail run with Steve 6.88mi/1hr 19min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G