Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERISE THREAD

@JudyL Soy doesn't like me and I know there are some health concerns with it especially for women.  I find almond milk creamier and richer than regular milk.  I also love Kite Hill which has yogurt and cream cheese made with almond milk so it's all non-dairy.

@bopper OMG!  I had that scale in my cart.  It's in my saved for later. I also had one in my hand at Walmart. Let me know how you like it. If it works, I may order it too.  

Just got notice that we have yet another hurricane rainmaker headed this way later this week and company is invading same day through Monday.  The quiet honeymoon is almost over and the raincoat is back in play.  ☔️. Time to dust off my Gene Kelly moves again.  

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting the closet installer.  I'm sure it will take him a couple of hours to put everything in.  I cannot wait.  I ran the vacuum one last time, but I left it out because I may need to run it again.

Kevin has an enlarged kidney and evidently he was in pain yesterday, so the vet gave him pain meds.  He is eating a bit more and although the vet agrees with me that a chicken only diet isn't the best, at least he's eating something.  Unfortunately, we have to go for an ultrasound next week to rule out super bad stuff.  I'm hoping it is an infection and that he just needs a different antibiotic.  He didn't have a fever yesterday, so at least the first round did the job with that.

My hands were killing me by the end of yesterday.  The right one IS a bit better, but it still hurts.  Lefty--I think it's too inflammed for the shot to work, but I'll wait until next month to make the decision.  You can't not use your hands, right?  The braces actually have helped though.  I'm not waking  up with excruciating pain in my hands and wrists, so that's good.

I didn't get my workout in yesterday (vet) and won't get one in today (closet), but I am going to ensemble practice tonight, so I will get some workout in eventually.  I can't wait to put the stuff back in the closet because then I can get to my aeroski!

Hope you all have a good day--I don't know if we have any people in the gulf coast region, but I have friends who live there and they are expecting potential flooding due to whatever storm is coming ashore next.  Be safe and remember--we're all doing the best we can, given the circumstances.

Frequent Contributor

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli Prayers being sent for your sweet fur baby Kevin. Glad you are getting sleep now too.  Good luck on the closet install!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Thought I'd pop in.and update. I don't really feel the need to check in daily because I do the same thing everyday. My husband and I walk he pushes our dogs in the stroller because frenchies and other short snout dogs can't walk much distance especially in the heat. I go 3 miles then push the girls home. Extra workout because it's heavy.
Right now we're dealing with a tropical storm so I didn't walk today or yesterday. The nice thing about taking the girls is they expect it and sit and wait for us to go everyday. We don't want to disappoint them so we do it. We were going to skip weekends but the girls enjoy their ride so much. Hopefully the rain will quit and the temperature will stay nice so we can walk tomorrow. The humidity will be killer from all the rain so not looking forward to that. We've been doing this for about 6 weeks and I gave a post a couple of pounds. I didn't weigh before starting or now I'm going by the fact that I can fit in shorts I could not fit it last year. 
A friend suggested I get the girls Halloween costumes so they can wear them that morning on our walk. I'll probably crochet them a little outfit. You wouldn't believe the people who stop us and tell us how much they love to see the girls everyday. Of course there are those people who roll their eyes. At least we make some people's day just a little bit better. 

Respected Contributor

@Lali1   when my wire fox got old, he couldn't do a full walk anymore and I got him a dog stroller so we could continue walking. My other dog would just walk beside the stroller. 

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  I will let you know on the scale.  A couple people I know have it and really like it.   I hope mine works good and I can figure out the set up.  I'm not real slick in that dept. LOL

@DrKelli  Yay the closet is almost done, that is awesome!   You will love the finished project!  Sorry about Kevin has he always had kidney issues?  Hopefully the meds will help and keep him eating too.   

These storms keep coming one after the other.  Last night about 8 we were sitting here and it is getting darker earlier and we heard a boom and we looked at each other and said " is that thunder"  well Sure enough a thunderstorm blew in and it rained like crazy and thundered and lighteninged.    Today is beautiful and 72.

I did a 30 minute spin workout today and forgot to set my fitbit to my workout so bla bla bla it didn't record anything.  Then did rebounding and Total gym booty workout.  Walked Logan this afternoon on the trail.  I was hot and actually have shorts on.  Usually don't have shorts on the end of September.   

Anyone getting the Cuddle duds TSV jacket?  I know I don't need a jacket but it is cute in my opinion anyways for dog walking and I won't get overheated like I do in a puffer jacket.  My husband turns the  car heat on full blast and I"m like a dog sticking his head out the window, seriously I am looking at him and holding my tongue because I am so freaking hot.   Like seriously dude you have a down vest under your fleece jacket, hat and gloves and heat is full blast...I seriously can't go far with him in the car.  He's cold and I"m sweating.  I could have a t shirt and shorts on in the car in the winter riding with him....

Grilling burgers tonight and chilling.   

Stay safe everyone, storms and virus its's just to much.  People in our area are getting lax too and I wouldn't be surprised if our Governor shut us down again.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@bopper before I forget--I did order the Cuddl Duds TSV jacket.  I love cuddl duds and have a lot of it.  I like the 'smooth' cardigans better than the fleecy ones because I have problems with the fleecy ones pilling.  I think that jacket would be perfect to throw on for walks when it gets colder.

Kevin hasn't had kidney problems before this.  That's why I think it is some type of infection.  He seems to be perkier and he's not refusing ALL treats.  Just certain ones.  And I still have to hand feed him chicken, which is getting old.

I went to ensemble practice last night and I have a lesson tonight. Plus I found out for sure that I will be teaching on Saturday so I've got to get a playlist together.  Good thing I took a bunch of notes when I was doing LaBlast 5 days/week.  I have a playlist I'd like to use, but I'm going to have a second one ready.

My hands are still hurting a lot, so surgery is looking more and more likely.  However--my closet is in and I just need to get stuff back in it.  I'm kind of mad because I told the 'designer' that I needed room to put shoe boxes and guess what I don't have.

Hope you all have a good day.  Weather is supposed to be gorgeous here!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all,

Did my yoga party.  I think I have done all of the longer ones and now I am down to the shorter ones for the month.  Good thing since I have company hitting me tomorrow and not leaving until Monday and we are supposed to get hit again I think with hurricane remnants starting tomorrow.  

So your laugh for the morning is the health care peeps emailed me back that they forwarded my note for the alleged "no show" to the office and someone would contact me soon.  No one needs to contact me.  You need to not bill me for a "no show." I showed.

Oh and the referral for the colonoscopy....crickets after one week.  Good thing since I'm not doing it anyway but I love how I am entrusting my health "care" to people who can't be bothered to care for me at all. 

I'm not sure if I mentioned this here but I have a coworker who has been in the hospital for 6 weeks with another month at least to go with Covid.  The owner was nice enough to get him on the company insurance to help him out.  He had just been employed.

Of course, the accountant looked at him yesterday in my office and said what I've already been thinking which is all of our premiums will be sky high during the next renewal period. Horrible to think like that but very true.

At this point, he probably should have kept him off since the guy is never going to have the money to pay what's already been racked up and will probably need to either bankrupt on it or do a cash only barter like my brother-in-law does.  Much cheaper that way. 

The entire employee group is going to be priced out of our health insurance unless the owner ponies up and covers the increase.  He seems to think the insurance company won't consider Covid.  Yeah and Philadelphia won't be serving cheesesteaks and soft pretzels anymore.

This whole health care system is ridiculous!  Remember that as your motivation to do your workout today.  The only one keeping you healthy is you!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!

Today I did two yoga practices - sensitive knees and upper body strength.  That was about 45 minutes and I'm already feeling sore - esp my arms.  LOL

Bought another exercise DVD.  I have soooo many I really didn't need this one but I didn't have anything like it!  LOL  I bought another Dance/Body Groove DVD called HIIT.  Its a 4 DVD set, with each DVD about 35 minutes so very doable for me.  Watched one this morning and think I should be ok doing it.  May have to modify some depending on my knees.  Will try it tomorrow.  As much as I love doing yoga, I need to add aerobics so trying to do yoga one day, aerobics the next.  The nice thing about Adriene's practices is that if I want to after aerobics, I can add one of her short practices in too.

Its always a struggle for me to keep consistent with exercise so will try different things/combos and maybe just maybe something will finally click.

Today I had a salad for lunch and then ate some - no I won't say how many - oreos.  LOL  Figured because I had the salad the oreos won't count as much - right?  

Hope you all are doing well and keeping safe. 

Take care