Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all.  Stormy Wednesday morning but hopefully it will be finished in an hour or so.  The thunder and lightning is what's the most bothersome.

Well, from reading the last few posts, I'd say that the overall news is good for you all, especially the financial 💰 gains of @Laura14 and @DrKelli  @DrKelli..

If any of you practice the walking backwards to counter any drooping forward, do it while looking at your side view and you will actually see your posture straightening up. Amazing!

Volunteering today which means I automatically will get a good walk today.  Hope you all stay safe and enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Back to the rec center this week.. Hard to get back in action ,but also good for me to do so. Also going to a meditation class in an hour and this afternoon I have Stretchlab. Trying so hard to get this hip healed without being foolish and overdoing it. 

One nice thing about the rec center- I can get my projected steps in  and not push the rest of  the day- just let natural steps happen. 

@DrKelli ,this one's for you. Had an HOA mtg last night and after an hour I couldn't take  any more bickering ( "discussion") and others talking over each other that I ended my call. I tried to tell them over all the chatter and no one acknowledged so just  hung up.  I am not inclined to stay on this board and yet not going to do anything about it  right now.

Have a good Wed.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Laura14 congratulations on the raise!  Hopefully they will keep you around for awhile now!

@violet runner when it is just the board on a call, we move through business pretty quickly. We've all been on the board multiple terms and understand the laws that govern us--we don't just make stuff up.  It's when homeowners get on the meetings and don't understand that we are bound by Colorado law on certain things and a recent law that was passed last year actually benefits the HOA, not the homeowner.  When they're all screaming that they need to get rid of the board, they don't understand that they are going to have to replace them with someone else and not one other person wants to do it.  Except the one loudmouth.  I'd give up my seat in a second if someone wanted it.

So the update on my car--I was absolutely right about a couple of things.  First--it WAS the compressor.  Second--I knew if I rented a car that it would be done in a day.  And it was.  I don't even know where they got the idea that there was a leak.  Sounds like the first tech didn't know what he was doing because I have AIR CONDITIONING!!

So today, I am in the office and will have my dance lesson as my workout.  I got 12 minutes in on the aeroski yesterday.  Had to move my trainer workout to tomorrow though.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Hump Day!   I did 30 minutes on the Vibration plate using bands and light hand weights, and body weight.  Also some step aerobics on it.  

It's rainy here today and 70, kind of a cozy day I must say though.

I have some banana's getting over ripe so will make banana bread this afternoon.  Now if I can stay away from it and not eat the entire loaf!

@Laura congrats on the raise that's wonderful.

@DrKelli glad the car is figured out and you were right!  

Nothing much on this end today..

Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli  the funny thing ( or not funny) it was just the board last night with the exception of a 5 min allowable timeframe for any  owner to ask a question and one came on and did. The rest was nothing like it usually is. Also of interest, 2 members are owners- but are renting their places.. so not really "in the community living and breathing it". Since they are owners they can be on the board.. I would gladly give up my seat too. The annual meeting is in Nov.. it might be the right time to resign then. Obviously, I don't have much clout anyway.. HA! Congrats on getting your car fixed in a timely and you have A/C

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 I hope Jack does well with his new mobility. I am sure he will. 🙏

I did Group Core today and fired up my abs. My legs are sore from step class yesterday. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunny and low 70's here...perfect weather for me. I am not a fan of hot, hot weather....unless there are ocean breezes and drinks with little umbrellas available.

Went for a nice 5 mile run with my oldest son this morning. My two sons are alternating who works out with dh and who goes for a run with me. It's nice for dh and I to have our one on one time with our two boys. 

After the boys headed off to work, Jack and I spent time on getting comfortable with his "pirate leg". Starting off with small goals and building towards Jack feeling comfortable wearing his device at least 12 hours a day. I did print and frame the September saying from @bopper  and it's up in our designated rehab room. It's a perfect reminder of how far we have come since May.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

I did an hour of Group Ride this morning. They actually warned it was a hard one and it wasn't pleasant in some places but I got through it. 

Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning!

I had my trainer workout bright and early.  When he called--he was in his car and I was all WTH?  He was driving to NY, but had 3 clients today, so he was pulling off and conducting the training sessions.  It's done and I'm happy now.

When I got home yesterday, my blood sugar crashed and I was having a hard time remaining upright.  Good thing I had a coke in my fridge, which I basically chugged.  I did feel better afterwards.  I was falling asleep at 6 so I finally gave up and went to bed at 7 and slept until 5;30 this morning.

I keep watching the news about Hurricane Lee--it looks really bad and headed for the Orlando side of Florida.  Not good when our conference is there in 2 weeks....

@kate2357 good news about Jack.I am really glad he is progressing.  Your lives definitely changed that day.

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Honored Contributor

I don't know what's happened to me this week but I haven't done any workouts since last Friday and probably won't be doing anything today.  Have been sleeping like c*ap - fell asleep last night at 1:00am, woke up at 3:30, fell back to sleep around 5:30 for an hour and that's it.  Motivation has bottomed out.  Need to find it though because I don't want to undo all the progress I made over the last couple of months.  Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Take care everyone!