Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of text that says 'It's not about having time it's about making time'

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Rabbit! Rabbit! It's time to boogie down to September! Get your Earth, Wind, and Fire on and disco. 😂

I did a new yoga today. Apparently it's the tenth anniversary of Adriene's channel so she did a celebratory routine. Check that off my list. 🧘‍♀️

Off to work. I have done nothing but run, run, run this week. I cannot wait for my long weekend. Hope everyone has a great Thursday! 😃

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@Laura14 I have September in my LaBlast playlist.  Don't know if I will be teaching on Saturday, but the playlist is ready to go.

I have a trainer workout in a few minutes--I hope I last the entire half hour.  I texted him last night and told him that I had covid over the last week, so I'm sure there will be modifications.

The mornings here are nice and cool, but it is still in the mid 90s in the afternoon and very miserably hot.  Just glad I don't live in Jackson, MS, where they have flooding AND a municipal water problem.  Their water treatment plant is nonfunctional and no one has drinking water.

Not much else to say--hope you all have a good day!!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey welcome to September 1st.  Can we get a hell ya!! Haha!

I am taking a needed rest day, I've been hitting it hard since my grandsons death and I need to take it down today.

Had my dr. BP check this morning.  Couldn't believe the nurse said it was 118/74.  I've never been that low at the dr. like EVER!   I had taken mine at home before I left and it was 140/90.  I had my cuff with me so she went into the memory and read out the readings throughout August.  Although I did tell her it was a horrible month for us with my grandsons death and she said she factored all that in.  She even teared up.  I was in tears telling her what had happened.  It came out of nowhere!  Well she is going to increase my meds and I am fine with that.  The whole month it was running like 140/88 so I'm Ok with her increasing them.  

Came home and had a cup of Pumpkin spice coffee on the deck and listened to the birds and crows!  Holy crow are they squawking today!

@Laura14  so happy it's a cyst and nothing more and your attitude is one I wish I had.   I have my mamm next month and I start worrying like now.  

@DrKelli  I see your week weather is in the 90's the whole week ahead.... but yes grateful you are not in Mississippi.  I hope each day you feel better.   

Covid sure seems around for many.  And with the schools in session.   

Are you all on board with the new Varient shot available now?

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper Great news!  Congratulations!

And it takes work but I've really been diligent about letting go of what I can not control and squashing the ANTs (automatic negative thoughts) as Dr. Amen calls them. I'm not totally successful but after the past three months, I faced two of my biggest fears and I came though them okay. I'm doing my work.

It is a big confidence booster when you handle something you thought would really upend you. It does but life goes on and so will you with the right attitude. I am the most alone I've ever been and frankly the happiest which I guess in my case means stay away from people, they suck. Smiley LOL I jest! Although some days...

Made an eye appointment for next Tuesday. After that, I am doctor free unless Cologuard rains on my parade. I think it's funny you can drop off your poop to UPS and it's a form of self care. Smiley LOL

And when you think you have a bad job or bad day, imagine the people that open those boxes all day. Even Pepe le Pew would say non non.

Like I said, laugh instead of cry. It all works. Heart   

Trusted Contributor

Sept 1st-  my dad's bday- he died young ( 67) and would have been 98 today. 

I met a friend for coffee this morning and then we shopped and I bought a new  pr. of HOKA's - justifying it because I have this new plantar fasciitis going on. $165 plus tax!!!!

I had looked for a sale and no one had one.  Most of the new shoes in various brands I like were running close to that price.. I still bought them knowing I would. See, the shoe companies know we'll do that.. HA!

I walked 4 miles today. I dont' think my heel is worse for it. In fact, actually walking seems to be  somewhat tolerable.. I am still debating jumping through  the process to get some PT.. 

No Labor Day weekend plans..  It's gonna be hot and crowded where ever I would decide to go. I am going to bike tomorrow.. 

@Laura14  Laughed at your cologuard  mini story.. its a great idea and I have done it  but hardly gave it a thought on the receiving end.

That's it from me for now. Wanted to get in on the new thread.!!

Honored Contributor

@violet runner  Smiley Very Happy It just struck me funny.

They make no effort to conceal what it is either. The UPS people must cringe from the box knowing what's inside. Luckily I was on my way to work and had no time to be embarrassed at drop off. Here's my s$#!. Thanks and good bye. LOL

Happy birthday to Dad. Heart 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - you crack me up.  Love your Cologuard story.  I needed that laugh.  Not sure if I told you all what's been going on this week with Montague.  So forgive me if this is a repeat.

He had his ultrasound on Monday and came through fine.  Although I do think it took him a couple days to get over it.  The ultrasound showed no tumors or other signs of disease.  He does, however, have a "thickening" in the small intestine.  That could mean two things - Irritable Bowel Syndrome or cancer.  We are going to try a new medication - which should arrive tomorrow, Friday.  I should see results in one week but the Dr wants me to try for 2 weeks.  If little to no improvement after 2 weeks, then I will make the decision to say goodbye.  It then will be a quality of life issue and his bowel issues and vomiting will not improve.  The Dr agrees with my decision because of his age and his health.  So, ladies, keep your fingers crossed that the medicaton works and that I'll be able to have Montague with me for a little bit longer.

There is going to be an awful heat wave here - could be low to mid 90's here and I have no AC so it's going to be an uncomfortable weekend.  Have no plans, want to be home for Montague and to keep him as comfortable as possible.  I know the heat gets to him so don't want to leave him alone for long.

Take care everyone and be well!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Heart The biggest, hugest hug to you! I've been there with my dog with a similar illness. Here's hoping the medication works brilliantly and you have more time with Montague. You and he deserve that. 🙏🏻❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday! Can't wait to get work done and relax for three whole days. 

Yoga for Transitions this morning. I am really glad she's back to regular routines. No more shorties. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

I am loving my alignment mat. I bought it at Walmart and finally pulled it out to replace the Lululemon one my sister gave me. I don't get the hype and I didn't like the mat. The alignment one has markings so you know exactly where to put your hands and feet, It really makes a difference to keep you correctly aligned. Gaiam makes it and I think it was $20.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and enjoys the long weekend. TGIF!