Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hey ya'all, today was so dark and rainy, no outside walk but I did get in my 10,000 plus steps, 3 miles on the treadmill and rebounded on the reformer, had a hair appt to cover this grey and bbq'd some chicken for dinner.   Not much else happening here.

@DrKelli  well at least you came out on the winning box with that Xbox!  Everyone sounds like they needed a good kick in the arse!   Glad you are home!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli that was a wtf-a-thon!  Sounds like junior high!  You got the last laugh though.....woohoo and Xbox!

@JudyL your poor finger!  I had to laugh at your swear word comment.....hahaha!

@hckynut  way to go.....and go ....and go!

I did a run on the treadmill 3.4mi/41min.  Already flaming hot here this am.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

No workout today although I hate to go two days back to back without one.  Due to medical issues, my 92 year old father was sent to a nursing home facility the other day and I have to go over there and see what happens next.  It’s close to where I live so that will be a lengthy trip.  

I went through this with with my mother who, due to early dementia and glaucoma induced blindness, lived with me for 15 years before the necessity of going to a nursing home.  Being divorced at that time, I had to work.  It was fairly close to where I lived, she and I had a close relationship so I was able to visit often.  My father’s case is different.  This location is far, he is/was not a loved father by his kids for legitimate reasons so this is difficult for me. But I’m the chosen one to deal with it.  Not like you and your father at all @bopper .  You and your father are  blessed.

Anyhow.......you guys have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie I am sorry that you are having to deal with your father.  I have friends in a similar situation and I know how difficult it is.  Just remember, we are here for you.

I think I'm finally getting back into my routine.  My mom is going back home on Saturday, so my dogs will be very lonesome during the day.  My jack russell, Lexi, LOVES my mom.

I finally got to yoga yesterday and it felt pretty good even though she did poses that I hate.  Today is weight training with the trainer and Saturday is my dance class.  I have been very faithful about going.  Last week, I had my debit card out to pay and the owner says--oh no--you're an instructor, you're good.  That saved me $15!

I finally read through all the posts--I'm so glad that even though some of you have challenges, you are still sticking to your exercising.  It really does make a difference!

Tomorrow starts our "flex Fridays"---every other Friday, we can work from home to lessen our carbon footprint.  Unless there is a reason that we MUST be in the office.  I'm still playing catch up, so I'll be busy.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  

@Mmsfoxxie sorry you are having to deal with issues with your dad.  As @DrKelli  said we are here for you.  

@DrKelli good for you for getting back on track after your trip.

Don't know what is going on with me but the last few mornings when the alarm has gone off, I've gotten up to feed the cat and then instead of working  out, I've gone right back to bed for a little while.  Just haven't had the energy to workout in the mornings.  Still managing to get my steps in tho according to my FitBit so its not been a total loss this week.  Hoping tomorrow I'll feel more like it.

Not much else to report.  Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

Respected Contributor

I've been avoiding the elliptical because it makes me feet go numb.  I can only get through like 20 minutes and then it's too uncomfortable.  Anybody have a solution to this problem?  It doesn't matter what sneakers I wear or how I try to wiggle my toes. It's terrible!  And I want to use it, it's such a good workout but 20 minutes is not really enough for me.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx I've never heard of that issue.  When I did go to the gym, I know how much I liked the elliptical too.  If its not your shoes, what about the placement of your feet?  Are they too far forward, hitting the toe part of the pedal?  Hope that makes sense.  Are you locking your knees?

Don't know if any of that is helpful but its all I could think of.  Hope you can figure it out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I've been avoiding the elliptical because it makes me feet go numb.  I can only get through like 20 minutes and then it's too uncomfortable.  Anybody have a solution to this problem?  It doesn't matter what sneakers I wear or how I try to wiggle my toes. It's terrible!  And I want to use it, it's such a good workout but 20 minutes is not really enough for me.

The foot numbing happens to me on the elliptical as well and at about the same interval.... somewhere between 17 and 20 minutes. What I do is put it on pause, get off the elliptical and walk for about 30 seconds (I go refill water) then get back on for another 20 minutes and if I'm being good and going for 60 minutes, I may have to go get another glass of water and walk. I have no idea what causes the foot numbing.

But to tell the truth, I usually run about 35 miles or so a week and only use the elliptical when the weather gets icy cold outside.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Another beautiful weather day on the horizon.

You guys are reminding me of my elliptical machine I have stored away that I haven’t used in years....by Tony Little.  At least I think that’s what it is.  Now that I think about it, that’s not what it is.

This morning, I’ll be doing my Senior Cardio class.  Maybe add some walking, too.  Sounds boring but do-able.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TGIF!!!!!

@Mmsfoxxie Sorry to hear of your dad, but you know he'll be in good hands (I hope the facility is good).  You're a great daughter and take comfort in that...even though your dad wasn't a "father" this will be good karma for you.

Got to take old Rex to the vet for the excessive licking.  His eye was watery for about a week but seems to be better now.  Shepherds (he's a pitty-shepherd mix) have a tendency to be prone to allergies.  I think he needs something oral know instead of topical.  May do an early dinner with my son .....it's another hot one.

Ran on the treadmill 3.5mi/42 or 43 min.....I forgot the time....jeez.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G