Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'WILLPOWER IS LIKE A MUSCLE. THE MORE you TRAIN IT. THE STRONGER IT GETS"'

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hi @bopper 

Body always needs a day off after my 2 hour ice skating sessions. With my back minus those 3 Lumbar Discs, it now seems to hang on the next day. I know better than to push through certain spinal issues, and this is 1 of them.

Stay well my friend,

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Stormy weather -- Everything aches

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Been a hotttt, consistently humidddd summer. 

That said, I've been doing long walks most days, early morning. Or else my stationary bike indoors. Haven't been using my reformer much all summer for rebounding, at all. But occasionally I do arms, some legs on it. I go in phases on this machine.

The room it's in, also, is a little adjunct room off my upstairs loft...no windows and the A/C, barely hits it. It's more like a big walk-in closet. So...I think partially why it doesn't entice me to work out in there all summer too.

No heavy duty, sweaty videos or anything lately. Just too dang hot.

But...still movin'. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello Hello John!

So nice to see you.  Yes we have to listen to our bodies and take those rests when we need.   But still skating is just awesome!!!

I'm plugging along here.   We're very fall like today.  Only in the mid 60's but it is very humid.  People say oh your cool, well we are but it's very humid.  In the morning everything is soaked.

Hoping all are safe, whether storms or illness we need to take care of each other!

Peace

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Beautiful weather forecast again for today.  I feel so bad for people in New Orleans right now and can't fully feel good about my good weather here.

@bopper, go ahead and enjoy your girlfriends.  Everybody needs outlets other than a husband.  Socializing is more important than  I even thought.

@bopper, my dental appointment didn't go as well as yours.  Looks like an upper crown that's only six years old is, unbeknownst to me, inflamed around it and can possibly act a fool in my mouth.  Therefore, I've been referred to an orthodontist.  Code words: money and bad news.  My cleaning must have been more aggressive too because I chose not to brush my teeth last night because my gums hurt.  Feeling normal this morning.

Anyhow....life is still good and I have oh so thankful for what we have.

Today, I'm doing my Flex & Burn class.  Pure cardio...no weights or bands.  I am not crazy about bands.  More than once, one has snapped while I used it.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Wellness Wednesday!

Did the Pilates Chair for 45 minutes and then some TG and some Functional Fitness.  Started Power Abs today.   It's a 30 day program so we'll see where that goes.  Nice thing is the videos each day are only 10 minutes and they show modifications.

Just came in from dog walking.  It's nice and cool here but it's humid.  I am not complaining mind you considering NO just saying the grass is still wet from this morning.

@Mmsfoxxie thank you>  I'm going just have a hard time sometimes. Once I get there its good.  Nobody would ever think I am this way either.  Guess I put on a good front!  I'm sorry your dental app. didn't go great!   That's awful!!  I had 1 root canal in my life and that tooth is still sensitive so that sucks!!   I'd rather have a tooth pulled and I'm not kidding!

Not much else here today.   Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi fellow exercisers!

I did run 2.93mi/35min on Monday...it was really hot.

Ran this am and it was a really nice cool morning at 69.  I didnt want to go, but made myself do it.  I've gotta start taking care of myself instead of cleaning and unpacking this dang house!

Ran 3.07mi/36.30min.  

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I don't think I slept an hour last night.

Good for you @MickD .  Thirty five minutes is good timing.

Weights along with cardio this morning.....if I don't get sleepy before I go out.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well, I didn't make it to my fitness center.  I only got an hour and 45 minutes of sleep and I didn't feel the energy to workout.  I went grocery shopping instead.  Maybe later, I'm do something.  Not gonna stress about it.