Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper leaves are just BARELY starting to change!  We had such a wet spring and hot August/September that they are delayed substantially!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Thunderstorms expected today.

@bopper , my granddaughter is home and as of Tuesday was getting settled in.  I’ve called and texted everyday but nothing but quick texts saying they are coping.  Not answering phone so I think they are busy learning how to handle things.  Son went back to work Tuesday so daughter-in-law in probably has no extra time because baby has to be fed every hour and a half.  

I have not worked out out all week other than walking around the house.  I had knee injections Monday....they were more painful this time, too.  Don’t think I’ll do this again in six months as the doc said to do.  I could hardly stand the injections!  He sprays some cold stuff that’s supposed to ease the pain but it doesn’t.  I think it’s fake.  That word that starts with a P that I can’t spell right now.  Placebo, I think. After those injections, you have to take it easy on the joints for a couple of days because you’re swollen and red.

My plan is to do my Senior Cardio class this morning...very carefully.  Welcome back @DrKelli .  Girl, you do travel, lol.  @bopper , you’re going on a couple of trips...I’m gonna have to reread some posts.

Have a great day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I am so glad it is Friday!

I bought one of those back stretching mats that they had on the other night (only from Amazon and $50 cheaper).  My back is all jacked up after traveling.  I was on it about 20 minutes and I slept like a rock last night.  I think I'm going to use it on a daily basis.

@Mmsfoxxie sometimes it takes those injections a couple days to 'work in'.  I get them in my shoulder and it takes a couple of days for me to feel like they are working.

I told you about my friend who has a child with mitochondrial disease.  She posted the following yesterday.  Her son just went on his own mito cocktail.  Maybe it will be of some information for your family. http://www.mitoaction.org/blog/mito-cocktail?fbclid=IwAR1exoOoUwzbCvveEo4PY4sJ701pkwBM46CbbqCo-4Y4wO...

Not much going on today.  It's my 'rest' day, but tomorrow I will go to LaBlast.  Then some errands.  I need to get my flu shot.  I'm also going to the eye doctor this afternoon.  I think I need new glasses.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the link @DrKelli.  I’ve been on mitiaction many  times but never saw that particular page.  So much to look at.  How old is your friends child and at what age was the child diagnosed?  If you know.    

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie he was JUST diagnosed.  I think he is 3.  He just got his "cocktail" this week.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, a light workout today.  I had my mammogram and all is good Thank you Jesus!!!  I worry because my sister had breast cancer.  

@DrKelli  the leaves are late  here also.  Maybe when I get there I'll see some color.  We're only going to be there for 3 1/2 days though so not much time to sight see once again.

@Mmsfoxxie prayers continuing for your granddaughter.  It's a tough road ahead for everyone!!

@JudyL still don't know where we are headed but I have decided to not do CA, I think I mentioned that yesterday, sorry if I am repeating.   Tamp looks to be the next location as Cleveland is losing.

Still raining here, all day since I got up....uggggggg and 50's.  Very very Fall-ish....windy too and flood warnings for along the shore.

@DrKelli regarding the back mat ,   was that the one that looked like you blow it up, it had moving devices that rolled up and down your back but it was a softer consistency.   Can you post the link.  I think it was like 200$ wasn't it on the Q?   If it works good hubby may like it for his back.  

Waving to everyone, can't believe it's this late!

Respected Contributor

@bopper it doesn't inflate, but the inside of the mat 'inflates" in different zones.  It's supposed to be like a restorative yoga pose, but I felt that it was more "shiatsu' type pressure on different parts of your back.  I really liked it. I'll post the link on FB since they usually delete external links here.

Honored Contributor

Cool and cloudy this am so took Molly on the trail.  My ankle was a little stiff at the get go.....thought - it's the weather.  2.5 in......eek.  I'm done and could barely walk home.

It's the tendon behind the ankle #$#@ in A!  If I'm still in pain on Monday I'll call the chiro....I think he's closed today.  At least I got 25mi/30min in.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Its Saturday evening and its been a weird day.  This whole week has been off for me.  I"ve only worked out once. Just haven't felt myself.

Today I took Montague to the vet for his senior check and he has to have a tooth pulled.   Poor guy, poorer me!  LOL  But it has to be done and I agree with the vet to do it now before it gets worse.  Told her the tooth certainly isn't interferring with his eating!  HAHA  They also did some blood work to make sure all is well - keep your fingers crossed.  I should hear monday or tuesday about those results.  I think all should be fine but with senior kitties you never know.  He was such a good boy while at the vet but he wouldn't even look at me after the appt was over.  LOL

The rest of the day has been spent at home resting and doing laundry, etc.  Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Respected Contributor

Good morning all. It’s a quiet Sunday here, just waiting on my grocery delivery and having my tea. Headed to the gym later. I’ve got a beach trip coming up in about a week and feeling good about my figure except my abs, they just don’t want to get firm! I keep working them and working them and they are just about the same. Oh well, I’m not gonna stress. Just gonna work out as much as I can in the next week and plan on using the gym at the resort about 3 times while away so I won’t lose my momentum. It’ll be the first time I work out while in vacation in many years.