Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hi all, quick question. I am very sore from a tough lower body workout Sunday. It is two days out now, still sore.  Do I work out through the soreness or let it rest? I tried the treadmill yesterday and very tame 3.2MPH for 25 minutes was a little hard to get through. I am due for another lower body session today but don't know if I'll be adding more pain to my muslces or helping them.  I have stretched a lot and that helped a bit.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, today is a rest day for me, I grocery shopped and am doing house stuff.  I got in 6 days last week, I try and get in 1 or 2 rest days.   I think I"m losing some muscle in my arms though and makes me mad as my shoulder and tendinitis is still bugging me and of course its the same arm.  Oh well,,,,do what you can right?

@Grouchomarx if you are really uncomfortably sore I would rest, sometimes working through soreness is okay but I really don't know "how sore" you are.  I usually still do something to be active, maybe find something else to try and do, abs or something.

Traffic was bad this morning, and does anyone go the speed limit?  I do!  Grannies with the pedal to the medal is an understatement.  I set cruise to the speed limit, but I think I'm the only one who does that.  

I'm so glad it isn't raining, sun is out and 65 .

We may be going to Oakland CA next week, @JudyL some are saying it's a crappy area.  My son is working the playoff game in Oakland.  Well the location could change, but now it's looking like Oakland.  Although if the kennel has no opening for Logan I won't be going.  Hubby would go without me.  

Then on the 15th of October we are going to Denver to see them and my new grandson.  Things are a little tense between him and I right now anyways so it may be an uncomfortable trip.  He wanted me to babysit a 8 week old and a 2 year old so his wife could go to the game.  Ummm no I am not doing that alone for 1 thing and I want to go to the game too.   I have supported his career since day 1 and I am not going to miss the game if I can help it.   But that being said right now looks like the kennel is full and I have to stay home with my boy.  I will not leave him just anywhere or have a dog sitter in my house, I am not comfortable with that, just me but I'd stay here.  Our family always such drama!!!!!

Any way, not much else here, I am trying chia seeds and flaxseed now in my yogurt..  I

am also trying the 16 hours fasting and 8 hours eating thing.  So far no weight loss in a week now.  I have a mammogram on Friday, always gets me nervous. 

Respected Contributor

@bopper wrote:

Good Morning, today is a rest day for me, I grocery shopped and am doing house stuff.  I got in 6 days last week, I try and get in 1 or 2 rest days.   I think I"m losing some muscle in my arms though and makes me mad as my shoulder and tendinitis is still bugging me and of course its the same arm.  Oh well,,,,do what you can right?

@Grouchomarx if you are really uncomfortably sore I would rest, sometimes working through soreness is okay but I really don't know "how sore" you are.  I usually still do something to be active, maybe find something else to try and do, abs or something.

Traffic was bad this morning, and does anyone go the speed limit?  I do!  Grannies with the pedal to the medal is an understatement.  I set cruise to the speed limit, but I think I'm the only one who does that.  

I drive the speed limit!  In fact, I am usually below the speed limit. I am convinced all other drivers hate me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Home from work today with some stomach bug thats keeping me close to the bathroom.  No work out for me today!

@Grouchomarx agree with @bopper  in not knowing how sore you are, I would say to rest and maybe do something else - a walk - don't push it too much, just a regular walk - or some upper body work and stretches are always good, keep those up.

@bopper yes, the Oakland Coliseum is not in a good area, however, where I live in San Leandro - about 10 minutes from there - is fine.  We have a hotel here called The Marina Inn thats down the street from me and on the Bay that would be fine.  I stayed there while my only bathroom was being renovated.  They served breakfast too.  Very easy to get to the Coliseum from here.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, Hump day...   I  did Total gym and rebounding on the reformer.  Just came in froma 20 minute trail walk.  

@JudyL thank you.  I have no idea where we would be staying.  My son puts us up in the same hotel they all stay at, and its usually a Mariott.  But the stadium is dumpy??  Uggg scares me being in a strange place, and if I have to find the bathroom alone, am I safe??

It's a 4.5 hour flight from Green Bay,,,that's not cool for me either.  Bringing the Xanax LOL... Oh goodness a stomach bug,,,,,,, I hurt for you!!   That's the worst, and I'm a huge baby catching that!!!

We had terrible storms last night and a Tornado watch that turned into a warning...  We rarely get tornado's here but it did rain and thunder and lightening a lot...

Not much else here, hoping everyone is okay.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL stay near the bathroom!  Haha!  I laugh because I still have that bug too....no trail for me!

@bopper Go to the game!  Just say no to babysitting!

Ran on the tread .....3.75mi/44:25min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! I"m back from the sprawling metropolis of Kingsburg California and am exhausted.  I wish it were Friday.

Didn't get much exercise the last two days, except for walking at the airport.  The departure gate was the furthest one and when I came back--same thing and when I got to baggage claim, the carousel was at the complete opposite end from where I was.

Today is my weight session so that will be good.  Unfortunately, my achilles tendonitis is acting up, so that makes for a painful day.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

It's Thankful Thursday,  Today I used a lot of the equipment I own, both TG's, my reformer, my simply fit board, hand weights, and aerobic steps.  I set m timer for 2 minutes per exercise, and in between the strength I used the SFB and the step...I felt it was a good workout.

Cloudy and in the 50's today.

@JudyL  how are you feeling today?  Did you go to work?

@DrKelli sorry you are exhausted, the weekend is almost here!!!  How is the color in Colorado?  We're getting near the peak.

@Grouchomarx how's that soreness?

@MickD  I made kennel arrangements to go.  But some things are still up in the air, it just depends on where we are going.

@Mmsfoxxie  how's today treating you?  Any more news on your dear GD?

I am going to dinner with a grade school friend who moved away but is visiting, anxious to catch up and so cool to still have the friends you had as a child.  She lived 3 houses up from me growing up.

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

@bopper wrote:

@Grouchomarx how's that soreness?

I am going to dinner with a grade school friend who moved away but is visiting, anxious to catch up and so cool to still have the friends you had as a child.  She lived 3 houses up from me growing up.

Take care everyone!

I'm doing much better, thanks.  I did go to the gym while sore and did a nice 30 minute walk on the treadmill and I think it helped. I am off from exercise yesterday and today and will pick it back up tomorrow so I should be feeliing nice and fresh and ready to work really hard.  I hope you have a lovely dinner with your friend!  That is amazing.

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  Feeling much better today.  Back at work but no workout.  Thought I'd give it a rest for one more day.  Plus its been hotter than haides here and I am not working out when its that hot.  Started a nice cool down today tho - so thankful.

@bopper the area outside the Coliseum is not the best but once you are in the Coliseum parking lot/complex you'll be fine.  Just use the normal carefulness - can't think of a better word right now - that you would going anywhere and you'll be fine.  I've been to games there and have felt perfectly safe - yes even going to the bathroom, to get food, whatever.  You'll probably stay at the Marriott in downtown Oakland which is fine.  Thats where all the team people stay usually.  Go and enjoy yourself.  Push yourself outside your comfort zone a bit, it's good for you.