Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

@Mmsfoxxie though I don't post often, I do follow this thread. I just wanted to say how sorry I am that your granddaughter has this health challenge.  I will keep her and your whole family in my prayers. 💜

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @BExplorer, thanks so much.  It’s the first time someone so closely related to me has been dealt such a health scare so young.  No cure!  It’s one of those diseases that not enough people have so not as much research is done, I guess.  We’re praying that she will have as normal a life as possible.  Reading and looking on YouTube, I see a wide variance of how the disease can hit.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good evening.  Its Saturday and where did this day go?  

@Mmsfoxxie I am so very very sorry to hear about your granddaughter.  Heartbreaking for everyone.  I will keep your family in my thoughts.  We will all be here for  you.

i worked out this morning.  Did the upper body Body Gym for the first time since I hurt my shoulder and it seemed to tolerate it very well.  Also did so me ab work.

Had a busy day so kind of tired.  Have a good night!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, it's a low key kind of day here.   Football/ baseball and some yard stuff, we've had so much rain we have those disguisting mushrooms in our yard, all different knds and they make me gag and I'm not kidding.  I took a trowel and took them out of the grass, they pop up so fast!   Some of our grass is mossy it's so wet!   Humid also.

Foxxie we will all be praying for your sweet Granddaughter for the best possible outcome.  It's scary and overwhelming for sure.

Not much else going on here, hoping you can all have some relaxation time today!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Thank goodness for your son's and DIL's persistence.  Every body is different and reacts differently to a condition/illness.  Hopefully your GD will have a good medical team.  Don't be deflated (even though it's a shock) by the diagnosis.  As long as she's meeting developmental milestones in her own time, and has a great quality of life - this is what counts.  Continued prayers.  She's a fighter!

Well....it's that time of year for the creepin crud.  I've had a stomach bug since Wednesday....just cruddy enough to keep me grumpy....and doing the bare minimum of existing.

Ran on the treadmill for 3.71mi/45min.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!  I'm recording the Green Bay Game, so I'll pass out and watch later....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Sunday evening and I've been doing housework and laundry most of the day.  Did end up taking a little nap this afternoon also.  This morning I did a 2 mile walk at the park.

Not much else to report.  Just a normal Sunday.  Back to work tomorrow.

Take care!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Thanks so much for the words of support!

Well, I didn’t  get to Zumba Saturday.....just didn’t want to emotionally be around people.  Have you ever been in a funk and just decided that you would stay there for a while?  Did my 10,000 steps at home, though.  Had I remembered that I had to get knee injections today, I probably would have went.  Thank goodness my iPad notification gave me a reminder, lol.  Getting injections today also means I shouldn’t workout tomorrow.  Those knee injections are weird.....for me, my knees hurt more immediately after one for a few days, then miraculously get better!  Go figure, lol.  

Have a a good day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, everyone!

@Mmsfoxxie I have a colleague who has a child with mitochondrial disease.  Her oldest who I think is about 8, must also get tested.  My colleague and her husband are both carriers and unfortunately, her 3 year old came up with both genes and has it.  There is a Mito society, I think, that can provide you good information.  It is pretty rare and the worst thing is that it is not usually diagnosed very quickly, so your GD was very lucky.

I went to LaBlast on Saturday and had a good time.  Hopefully, that will jump start me into exercise again.  Unfortunately, I am traveling for work this week on Tuesday and Wednesday, so will only be to the gym today and Thursday, dance on Saturday.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

Honored Contributor

Bless you, @DrKelli passing this information.  Most people haven’t heard of this.  Most of the info that I’ve read says that it’s passed by the mother but, of course, right after reading that, I read that the father can be a carrier as well.  More than one child with this incurable disease is more than I’d be able to bear.  I am checking out Mitochondrial Disease forums already.  My son hasn’t mentioned it, but I assume little Maemae will be checked soon since is genetic.  She’s two and so far has enough energy for two, lol.  I hesitate to bring it up right now but I assume the doctors have or will.  Thanks a bunch, Dr. Kelli.

Respected Contributor

It's the 1st day of Autumn, my favorite season.   This morning I rebounded on the reformer for 40 minutes and then did 30 of regular pilates, walked for 20 with Logan, it was pouring here all night and most of the morning, it's stopped now but very muggy out.

Supposed to be a pretty decent week I think, 60's for highs and 40's for lows.  I'll take it1

My Detroit Lions won!!!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!  

Have a good night!