Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

TGIF everyone!

@Mmsfoxxie Glad your granddaughter is doing better.....every little bit counts!

@bopper Your a great daughter!  I bet your dad loved the lasagna and pumpkin bread!

Hoping to go to my fave restaurant on the ocean with my boy.....he didn't want to go last week.  It's a reason to put on a little bling.  I'll bring a cowboy hat in case we don't get an umbrella seat....I value my old leather skin!

Ran on the treadmill 3.5mi/42:10min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning - well it's almost afternoon - Everyone!  I did about 2.5 miles of the 3 mile Leslie Sansone workout this morning.  Ran out of time and had to stop and shower, etc., to go to work.  But according to my FitBit I did real well and got my heart rate up there.

Don't have much planned for the weekend.  Will work out tomororw.  It's going to be in the 90's here so will get up early and get that workout in before it gets too hot.  Then will run errands and the usual stuff.

@Mmsfoxxie glad to hear that your granddaughter is improving.  

@bopper I'm sure your dad appreciated the lasagna and your housecleaning.

Better get back to work.  Hope everyone has a good Friday.

Respected Contributor

So I was feeling ambitious and ordered a set of ankle weights, resistance bands and a wobble board. Well man that thing (the wobble board) is SOOOO hard to try and do. Wow I’ve got my work cut out for me. It’ll take weeks to get it going. Something to look forward to. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  

@Grouchomarx, never heard of the wobble board.  Wobble line dance, yes....love that, lol.

Uh oh....I woke up a little after 2 am and couldn’t go back to sleep.  So what did I do?  Turned to QVC.  And it’s fashion day!  I hope I don’t get impulsive and buy something.  I’ve haven’t bought anything since last summer.  First thing I noticed is their prices seem higher.  This is the first time in months that I’ve watched for more than maybe five minutes before switching the channel.

No exercising today....daughter duty again today.  I finally found my father a cheap flip cell phone.  I was able to keep his old number.  Hope it doesn’t get stolen.  I didn’t get insurance cause the guy said it would be an extra five or six dollars.  The phone was only $20 so it’s really disposable in a way.

Have a great day everyone.  Btw, thanks for all of the well wishes for my grand baby.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

So I was feeling ambitious and ordered a set of ankle weights, resistance bands and a wobble board. Well man that thing (the wobble board) is SOOOO hard to try and do. Wow I’ve got my work cut out for me. It’ll take weeks to get it going. Something to look forward to. 

Hi, do you mean the Simply Fit Board?   I have that, where you have to balance on it and you twist, but there are lots of other exercises you can use it for too.  There is a SFB Facebook group too.

Respected Contributor

This morning I decided to only walk, it was a beautiful sunny morning cool in the lower 50's so I headed out.   Still nice out and breezy.   Hubby is stacking wood, we make walk a trail later, just playing it by ear.

I have been watching too much QVC and for a while I wasn't watching at all, I ordered the TSV, so will see how I like it.  Everyone raves about them....

@Mmsfoxxie that flip phone should be fine for him.   We had gotten my dad a Jitterbug phone, well needless to say he didn't like it, never used it so we returned it.  He has no cell phone, just a land line.   He'll have 3 messages on his answering machine and he won't listen to them, they are there for days, he doesn't think to do it.  Even when we mention it to him.  He hangs up on most people before they can say what they are calling for, he thinks everyone is a telemarketer, LOL....He's hung up on me!

Well I sure hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday, it's so Fall like here, I really like it, will take advantage before more rain tomorrow.

Adios!

Respected Contributor

@bopper wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Hi, do you mean the Simply Fit Board?   I have that, where you have to balance on it and you twist, but there are lots of other exercises you can use it for too.  There is a SFB Facebook group too.

It’s a wooden circle with a half ball on the bottom. It says to try and balance on it for 30 seconds. I keep trying and today I’m starting to pick it up. 30 seconds is a long way off though. 

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Its Saturay afternoon.  Had a busy day so just now getting around to posting.  This morning I did a 2.75 mile walk, no jogging today cuz my knee was not having it.  Maybe tomorrow.

@bopper I had to chuckle when you said your dad has hung up on you.  We had that problem with my dad but it was because he refused to wear his hearing aids so he couldn't hear anyone when they called and would just hang up on them.  LOL  I finally told him that if he didn't wear his hearing aids, I would never call him again because I was tired of yelling into the phone and being hung up on.  He started wearing his hearing aids cuz he wanted to talk to his kids and grandkids.  LOL

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

Lol....ohhh, the perils of getting old!

@JudyL wrote:

Hi Everyone!  Its Saturay afternoon.  Had a busy day so just now getting around to posting.  This morning I did a 2.75 mile walk, no jogging today cuz my knee was not having it.  Maybe tomorrow.

@bopper I had to chuckle when you said your dad has hung up on you.  We had that problem with my dad but it was because he refused to wear his hearing aids so he couldn't hear anyone when they called and would just hang up on them.  LOL  I finally told him that if he didn't wear his hearing aids, I would never call him again because I was tired of yelling into the phone and being hung up on.  He started wearing his hearing aids cuz he wanted to talk to his kids and grandkids.  LOL

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone!

Ran 3.5mi/42:30min on the treadmill.  It's supposed to cool off a tad this week......we shall see!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G