Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!  I don't really have too much to add.  My mom went home on Saturday.  I enjoyed having her here, but I know she was ready to go home to her own routine.

I went to dance on Saturday and that always makes me feel good.  I need to get back into my routine after being out of it for several weeks.

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL it's better to have a bigger pot.  For the 3 of us, we'd get 2-3 meals.  You don't have to fill it up all the way...you'll get the hang of it!  It's so easy.....just dump in the stuff and relax.

@Mmsfoxxie I hope you can find a good facility for your dad.  It sounds like you've got a lot to get done......breathe lady, breathe!

@DrKelli I hope your mom had a nice visit!

It was a cool and cloudy morning so I decided to take Molly on the trail.  She just loved it.  We ran 2.87mi/33:53min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, this morning I walked to the golf course and past the buffalo, it turned into a 40 minute walk, then did the reformer for 30 minutes working on my posture, Lord knows I need that bad and a 20 minute dog walk this afternoon. 

I'm currently making wedding soup, kitchen smells good and we are in for heavy rain tonight, they said an inch so good soup weather.  In the 60's here.

I missed my grandson's 2nd Birthday being they are in CO, I will miss many a birthday I am afraid.  Like my husband said, those kids won't know us really, how sad!!!

Really have not much else on the hopper here, have a nice evening!

Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@JudyL you will love your instant pot!  We had an 8qrt from the Q, but it died then we got a 6qrt.  You'd be surprised how the end product is squished down from its beginning form!  You can do rice, pastas, veggies, roasts etc...it's fabulous!

Treadmill run 3.5mi/43.23min.

I watched that Instant pot thing too and was on the fence and decided no, I didn't need it and I don't have a lot of storage and it's quite large... I hope I don't regret it now.   

Honored Contributor

Well after my rather exercise intensive weekend - at least for me - I decided that today would be a rest day.  I'm not quite as sore today as I was yesterday.  LOL

Hope everyone has a good Monday, it's afternoon here so near evening for some of you.  

Honored Contributor

@bopper Aaaw.....your grandkids will get to know you and love you!  With facebook and face time it'll be so accessible for you guys to share your lives.  My son knows and loves his grandpa, who lives in MI... even though we didn't have all that stuff back then.

There'll be more instant pot tsv's for sure!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  

Had a a great time working out yesterday!  If my Friday instructor had the personality of my Monday instructor who, luckily, I have for both Monday classes, I’d be in workout heaven.  He interacts with the group, knows our names, teases, gives instructive info, etc.

Today will be Body & Sculpt.  Love him, too......he’s funny but a little more serious than Monday instructor.  His routines are more focused and complicated.  He says that he wants to work our brains as well as the body.  He definitely knows how to make us sweat, lol.

@bopper, I know it’s hard being away from the grand babies but just keep in touch in other ways.  I’m considering FaceTime, I think it’s its called.  I see my grand girls on FB all the time.  Not happy with some of the things daughter in law puts out there, lol.

So much going on with me that I didn’t mention that my six month old grand daughter that had the recent surgery is in the hospital again.  She’s had trouble with keeping down formulas.  Saturday, she was admitted to hospital because vomiting became more violent and although she can move her fingers, she couldn’t lift her arms.  If they lifted her arms, they would drop instantly, couldn’t bend at elbow.  MRI of head seemed normal, yesterday they were going to do her neck.  So many tests, I can’t remember call of them.  Also, she seems expressionless most of the time.  Once in a while, a slight smile.  Scary.  Oh, last night my son said that she seems to be able to lift arms a little now.  He sends me videos.

Soooo........looking forward to that Body & Sculpt class that I mentioned above.  Let’s see what his routine will be today.  He does Pound sometimes when he brings his lime green sticks.  I’m hoping for that.  You definitely can’t forget your deodorant when you do his routines, lol.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

HI all.  Today I have reached that point. Where I am so tired from yesterday's workout, I feel like an animated corpse.  I cannot fathom hitting the gym again tonight, but it is on my schedule.  I have started ramping up my strength training and every muscle is aching!  I have been stretching diligently and it helps.  But my abs feel like a giant ape beat me repeatedly in the gut all night long.  I have put out my workout outfit for tonight, so that's an early nudge to make it happen.  Last night I ran into one of my neighbors in the gym which I was hoping to avoid.  He's very chatty and seemed positively elated to find me there., even telling me how much he liked my workout outfit. Thank god I had just finished.  I don't wish to chat while exercising. I like to watch Netflix to pass the time while doing cardio. I hope I never run into him again!  Some people just don't respect the earbuds.  Maybe I need to wear my big ol' Beats to ward them off even more!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

@Mmsfoxxie very scary news about your granddaughter.  Please keep us informed as to how she's doing.  You all must be so worried and scared.

@Grouchomarx sounds like you might need a rest day!  Good for you to keep going even when you don't feel like it.  Thats such a battle sometimes.

This morning I did a Leslie Sansone workout.  Just the 2 mile one.  At 5:00am, I just didn't have the energy for anything more.  Still worked up a bit of a sweat and my FitBit said my heart rate got up there so thats good.

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Had a great time working out yesterday just as I predicted.  And it’s true what they say....exercising can be a great de-stressor.   We did mostly boxing moves today.

Well, if it’s Wednesday, it’s volunteer day for me at the hospital.  The best I can do today is to get my Fitbit steps in.

Enjoy your day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)