Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good afternoon!  When I go to type a message to you all, I keep getting notifications to change my QVC password because of a data breach or security breach.  It doesn't say who the notification is from & doesn't have a QVC logo.  I would think if the Q had a data/security breach, we all would have heard about it.  There is no link just a notification box telling me to change my password right away.  Very strange.

Anyway, no workout for me today.  Just don't feel like it.  Air is bad so have all my windows closed and its warm in here aleady -- over 80 inside.  The rains are still a good month or so away.  CA needs to get through the worst month for fires which is Oct.  Keeping fingers crossed.

@KaySD welcome to the group!  We are at all different levels of working out - some every day and then there is me who is good for a while then slacks off.  LOL  Its a great, supportive, fun group that encourages everyone to do their best, whatever their best is - no judgment.  

@Mmsfoxxie I wear ASICS or whatever its called.  @Laura14 mentioned it in her post.  @DrKelli told me about them and they are great.  I do have orthotics in my shoes and that has helped immensley with the plantar fascititis and my flat feet.  Hope your DH is doing better.  Changing one's diet is so very hard.  Struggling with that myself as I'm supposed to cut waaay back on carbs and sugar.  I say that as I'm eating oreos so that should tell you how well I'm doing.

@bopper you are a inspiration.  Don't know how you do all the workouts you do.  I would love to have a TG but have nowhere to put it.  Better not watch the presentations this weekend as I might be tempted.  Always been on my wish list.

@Laura14 hope you continue to feel better.  mowing your jungle sounds like a lot of effort after you've been so sick.  Take care.  This weekend will be a treat to have your house back to yourself again.

Have a good day everyone!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hot yoga, and Tai Chi.  Every morning.   👍

F7D7A6E6-E391-4CCA-AA92-7D46A4DBB1BB.jpeg

130AA8E9-371C-4F4E-8BEC-BE1D7E4A3F6B.jpeg

'

~Life is short. Eat well. You could die tomorrow.~

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday Wellness Peeps!

What a difference a week makes.  Smiley Happy  Between a soft diet and I think the aloe vera juice I've been taking, I am about back to normal.  Now that the weekend is almost here, I'll test my first real meal tomorrow. 

It took me over an hour to mow down the lawn.  I really hope it stays down.  I am beyond over it.  But, it has been my cardio session for the week so I'll definitely need to add something.

I'm tempted by this Cityrow franchise which has an at home app which is really meant to go with their own rower but they have yoga and other workouts too.  I wonder if I could use my Bodygym instead.  I do like to row.  They just opened a spot in downtown Atlanta which is way too far away for me but the inhome is intriguing to mix it up and get some strength and cardio all in one. I always wonder if you can really cancel the free preview periods if you really don't like it or if that's a fight with your credit card company.  

Did a yoga wash last night and a wake up yoga and yoga for risk takers this morning.  Her calendar this month has a lot of short routines so I've been doubling up at night and in the morning.  I'll do her long one this weekend.

I am going to probably take a trip to Whole Foods this weekend.  It's about a half hour away but I have been out of multivitamins for a while now and I like their brand. Plus, I'll stock up on all my usual stuff for a while all in one place.  I feel like a squirrel getting ready for winter.  Smiley Very Happy    Haven't been there since before this whole pandemic mess started so I'm anxious to see what they have now.  

Hope everyone has a great Friday, feels well, breathes well, and gets some rain where you need it.  

@EatWell I have always wanted to try hot yoga but no where around here to do it.  I love being hot.

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

Checked out the ASIC shoes....I'll probably get a pair.  I'm going to mention the Power insoles to my podiatrist when I go back in six weeks.  In the meantime, the othotic he made for me felt ok yesterday.  Thanks @Laura14  and @DrKelli @for the heads up.

Today, I'll probably do in house exercising.  

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I love ASICS.  All my athletic shoes are that brand.  Oh and good morning! 

Yesterday, I put in 2.5 miles on the new trail outside.  Today, I have my regular dance lesson at 3 and then a 2.5 hour workshop at 6.  I wasn't going to do the lesson, but we are performing in a showcase tomorrow, and I haven't seen my partner for over a week, so we probably need to go through our routine a few times.

My right thumb is feeling better, but lefty, not so much. If it hasn't improved by next week, I'll get started on the surgical process.

Both my 'co-workers' are sound asleep--unfortunately, I am working on a time sensitive project that  I need to present to my boss by this afternoon.  It's a long story, but it's important to our company, so I have to get it done.

Hope you all have a good weekend.  I should have a link for the showcase (not my studio, but many of us are dancing in it) next week.  It will be free and the viewing party on Friday (I will be dancing 2 solos and in the ensemble) is donation optional, benefiting Amercian Lung Association.

See ya next week!!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!

Of course I posted yesterday on the September thread.....duh.  atleast I am consistent.....

@Mmsfoxxie I hope your husband feels better, and the doc finds out what's going on.

@Laura14 Glad you're feeling better!

Only did 3.73mi/43min trail run this am.....too hot.  72 degrees when I left and 85 when I got back.  It's going to be another hot, hot, hot one!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Today I did Yoga for Sensitive Knees and Yoga for Upper Body Strength.

Air here is still very bad - in the 170 range which is "unhealthy" for everyone.  So inside with windows closed.  Its hot today too so having the windows closed is making it rather stifling in here.  Hopefully air will get better later so I can open windows for a little bit at least.  The fires are still going up in the Wine Country so don't know how much longer we'll be dealing with the bad air.  Haven't watched the news yet today so hoping the firefighters are having some luck.

Enjoy your Friday.  Be safe, be well and take care!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday I took a rest day and only did some rebounding.  Took my dad to his VA appointment this morning.  They wouldn't let me in with him and I told her that he is 98% blind I thought they would let me be with him and she said no so I told her to take his arm when they are ready for him because he can't navigate by himself.  He was there for his annual blood work.   Then as I was sitting out in the hallway a prisoner in orange jumpsuit and handcuffs came and wouldn't you know he sat right across from me and I was creeped out like he was looking at me.  There were plenty of seats all spaced out 6 ft. apart and he sits there!  Ugggg  felt creepy.   I also told the lady who checked my dad in that I wanted him to have his flu shot and when dad was done he said they gave him his shot .  So had to bring him home as he hadn't eaten anything and then I went to Walmart to pick up my grocery order.

It snowed on the way into town.  Yes we are cold, down jacket, hat and gloves today.   Way to early for this....Not likeing........

Seems this virus is getting even worse but they said that late summer that it would get worse before it got better.  I continue to go no place other than grocery pick up and walking my trail and using my in home gym equipment.  I am thankful I have all that at my fingertips.  Made some vegan banana muffins.  Only 3 ingred  4 bananas mashed up, 3 cups of oats, 1 tsp vanilla and if you want 2 TB raisins.  Bake at 375 for 18 minutes   They are very good... Just a little snack.

Stay safe everyone!  

Honored Contributor

Well how do you like this!  I'm eating my chicken enchilada dinner and bit down on something hard.  Thought maybe it was an uncooked bean or something - nope, it was part of my tooth!   Goodness be!  Doesn't hurt.  I'm thinking it may be part of the partial crown I have.  I always forget which side of my mouth its on.  But I don't know, sure looks like tooth to me.  Guess I'll be calling the dentist on Monday morning.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I am so sorry!  It is just one thing after another around here. 

@bopper I think it's going to be a bad winter too.

I decided not to travel to Whole Foods and instead ran to four different stores to get what I needed this morning.  I decided to order my vitamins from AL and pay the premium for a truly clean product. I am slowly realizing I have reached an age where I guess you need to take more care with what you do and eat.  

I bought a pad for my bed to soften my sleep and I am excited to try that out.  Did an hour of Shakti Flow and that's a great routine to stretch yourself out. Not to difficult either.  

I am going to meal prep today. Bake some pumpkin bread and get my LnL rolling again. Btw, I love the small bowls I got with the handles. Perfect for my microwave muffins and soups.  I am so happy you guys encouraged me to try LnL.  Very pleased.  

Oh and I bought a pair of cheap over the knee boots from Walmart.  Super cute and a layer of warm for a popsicle like me even in the Deep South.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!