Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper no--I live in the other direction--about 25 miles east of Arvada.

I wondered if your son was working the World Series!  (I also have a malibu pilates chair--I ordered it from HSN when Susan Lucci was the spokes person

Honored Contributor

@bopper@DrKelli .....well I hope you guys use it, lol.  Mine was a waste of money.  I believe I asked my husband to order it for my Xmas present.  I tried but a lot of the positions hurt my knees.  Skinny Susan Lucci could use it so effortlessly.

@bopper, I must have used the wrong wording, lol.  It's a floor type thermostat. You have to be near it but not too close and it takes your temperature.  About five ft high.  You see your face it it, then it makes a letter T in the middle of your mirrored forehead.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It was pretty chilly here this morning and I have long sleeves on still.  Yesterday I went to the office to get my big monitors, docking station and some reference books and office supplies.  I was down there a few hours.  Definitely not as many people as I'm used to, but more than I thought.  There were 4 of us in the office--the IT guys and the CEO.  We had a lot of social distancing.  And now I'm back home, but at least my eyes aren't going wonky.  I'm going to buy another folding table to 'expand' my work area.  I have enough for my computer, but I don't have any room to do 'manual' work or put papers.  I found one at big lots for about $40.  My friend was getting rid of her dining room table and offered it to me, but I really want something I can put away if this ever ends.  I guess the monitors will be here until I leave the company because they will order others to recreate my workspace in the office.

No workout yesterday except the 700 trips I made up and down the stairs to bring my equipment in from my car LOL!!  I do have a dance lesson today though.

We're supposed to have a cold front come through and it isn't supposed to be out of the 20s on Sunday!  That is TOOO cold!! I will have to wear real pants!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ohhh, @DrKelli, before I forget again...I meant to mention to you that I did one of the Leblast YouTube workouts the other day.  It was an eight minute cha cha video. Liked it very much.  Nothing like a little variety.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@bopper no--I live in the other direction--about 25 miles east of Arvada.

I wondered if your son was working the World Series!  (I also have a malibu pilates chair--I ordered it from HSN when Susan Lucci was the spokes person

@DrKelli  oh okay .   He did the playoffs but not the WS.  You need a lot of years under your belt to do that.   Thank you for asking though.

Respected Contributor

Hey hey today was dreary to start and then the sun came out and melted the 2 inches of snow we got!  And another system coming in tonight.  Seriously isn't this early!!!   Now it's cloudy again and 40.  Damp cold.

Okay @DrKelli  he worked the playoffs.  You need some years under your belt for the WS but thank you for asking.

@Mmsfoxxie  Oh okay I get how they do that now then.   

My DIL's SIL has Covid.   She said she went to lunch with a friend and the next day the friend thought she had symptoms, was tested and was positive and 5 days later she had it too.  She said she feels like she has the flu and hopefully small children and husband don't get it.   Getting worse all over and I am not surprised they said it would.

Is there hoarding starting again?   Seems to be.  

Oh the Pilates chair, I love it.  You have to learn how to properly do it and the videos are very helpful in teaching proper spring placement.  I really do love mine.

I"m in jammies already and it's starting to get dark.   That I don't like and then we turn back the dang clocks soon so it will be dark at 5!  Ughhh  not depressing enough right now it's dark in the afternoon!!!  We need to pull up our big girl panties and fight!!!   Our attitude effects our entire day!  We need to Choose to be happy!!!   It's a choice we do have control over!

With that being said.   I shall say Good Night!!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It's a cold day here and Sunday and Monday, we're dipping into the single digits.  I don't like that at all!!

@bopper I think hoarding will start soon, that's why I bought extra TP (I still have a case) and oatmeal.  My county is at 6.6% positivity rate, above the 5% that CDC has set, so I think we are going to have more restrictions very shortly.  They've already put new ones in place about the number of people allowed at gatherings.  I know we've all got Covid fatigue, but being mad that you can't attend a sporting event doesn't make it go away.

I had my lesson yesterday and I feel like I'm getting more steady and more confident.  I got 'practice' shoes and they REALLY make a difference in how I can move.  They've got a bit of a heel, but they feel more like dance shoes, so I love them!!

I'm going to do a Body Bar workout today and tomorrow I have a session with my trainer.  I think I told you that his wife tested positive last week and he thought he also had it, but tested negative.  I sent them a text earlier in the week to see how they were doing and he said they had a pretty tough weekend.

I have a new project that I need to think about.  I've decided I need to move my temporary office into my real office.  I don't like the desk in there because it had a 'shelf' that diminishes the amount of work surface, like by half.  I can move my desk top (where my itunes live) into the closet for the time being, but I have to get rid of the desk.  I think my card table plus a 4 foot table would give me a good work surface and I can keep my "nap" platform and Kevin's preferred snooze cubicle in place.

I hope you all have a great day.  I'm so grateful I have a group to come and talk to on a daily basis!!

Honored Contributor

Quick check-in.  Did 1-1/2 Body Groove workouts today.  Also ordered 2 Mediterrean Diet cookbooks from Amazon for some new things to try.  They are supposed quick and easy and good for beginners so lets hope so.  I'm not one that likes involved recipes. Just never have liked taking the time to make them.  

Gotta get back to work.  Take care all!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli so sorry to hear about your trainer's wife but please be careful.  Your trainer may be negative today but could be positive tomorrow or later.  I know you probably know this but its just so scary and I'm concerned for you.

Was all in a hurry to log back into work from lunch as I was a couple minutes late and there wasn't anything waiting for me.  LOL

Looking forward to trying some of the recipes in the new cookbooks.  Hoping for some simple salads and main dishes.  Will need to omit the garlic - did I tell you all I'm allergic to garlic? - but hoping the rest I can do without too much difficulty.

Also started on a new vitamin regime this week and I think I do notice a difference in my energy.  Taking  multi-vitamin and other supplements so will see how it goes.  The supplements are on the low side because I didn't want to overdo.  Years ago I remember my therapist telling me that increasing one's vitamin D intake can help with depression so looking for some improvement with that and my anxiety.  Keeping fingers crossed.  

Still kind of warm here but it is getting cooler - not a cold as some of you tho!  Take care all!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL , I only train virtually through FaceTime