Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all.

@MickD, sounds like you're putting too much stress on your ankle right now.  Hope it's better soon.

Finally, after many calls and searches, got my father moved from that snake pit nursing home to a cleaner, better looking one with a nicer staff that is closer in distance to me.  A 35 minute drive versus driving over an hour.  Food is even better.  He's angry that they won't let him smoke in or around the building.  He'll be 93 this month and says smoking never hurt anybody.  Ha!

No time for a workout yesterday since I was with my father most of the day.  I had to talk to head administrator, social worker and a couple of other titled people.  I was there about five hours since they weren't available back to back.  Today, I'm going to do my Senior Cardio class.  I should do a walk afterwards but I probably won't.  Next week, I'm going to do better.

Have a great day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  Just a fly by since I am exhausted from traveling and do not intend to work out today.  Kevin was especially happy to see me last night, but he too was exhausted because they had another smaller dog and he and Kevin spent most of their time outside running around the big yard.  Even Lexi made friends with Lewis' sister, who is chubby and doesn't run much, and they spent their time on the dog beds under the sitter's desk (She works from home).

I was just plain tired and hopefully I can catch up a bit this weekend, but without the fun of the stomach crud of last weekend

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, it's sunny here and was frosty this morning.   Today is a day off of equipment, and a day of Nature walks and Self Care....  Love these days, and having sun is an added benefit!

@Mmsfoxxie  you had an exhausing day yesterday.   I know what you are going through so it's really tiring.  Speaking of Self Care you need to give yourself one!  My dad turns 92 in December, and we are still arguing with the siblings as to how much longer he can live in his own house without getting hurt.   His mind is good for the most part, it's his sight that is nill. 

@DrKelli at least you got home to the snow melting.  I heard 70 on Saturday, bye bye snow!

@MickD dang ankle, that has to be so annoying for you, I know you are not a sitter, we do find a way though don't we!   

@Grouchomarx How are you doing?  

@JudyL How is the Bay area today?  How is Montique doing?  

wishing you all a wonderful rest of the day, take time for you, it's part of the equation.

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday!  Very hot and dry here in SoCal.  I need to start doing the outside Halloween decor this weekend.  Too hot/sunny to put everything out.....little by little.

I am using the ankle brace and it is a gawd-send.  Cleaned for a few hours yesterday with no problems.  Just did pilates and the rebounder today.

@Mmsfoxxie Glad you found a better facility for your dad.  Get him a script for the nicotine patch.....be doesn't need to light himself on fire!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, it's glorious here today, thank the Lord!   My son said it's snowing in CO, @DrKelli  can you attest to that LOL

I'm taking a rest day, I had 19,000 steps on Thursday, only 5000 today but oh well, just doing stuff here and made a broccoli salad that hubby proceeds to tell me he wont' eat.  Really??   He likes everything in it, but not all mixed together.... how ridicilous!

Lots of leave raking today, getting a lot done outside.  I hung my Chiristmas lights on the deck to take advantage of the warmer air on the bare fingers.  I like the lights anyways especially at night, lights things up a bit in a dark backyard.

@MickD  hope that ankle isn't giving you fits?  When do you find out if you have a stress fracture or not.  Praying NOT!

@JudyL are you anywhere near the fires?   Saw some pictures, and it's horrible, I think you are way North though right of that area!

Not much else going on here, guess I'll go back outside, hubby is watching football and I"m sick of sitting here LOL..

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.   Didn't workout today.  Should have but just too much going on.

The biggest fire is in the Wine Country - about 45 minutes or so north from where I am.  There are also fires closer to me but I am fine.  The smoke and wind are awful and when I look out my kitchen window I can see ash blowing in the wind.  I have 2 friends who had to evacuate from the biggest fire in the Wine Country.  They have no idea if their homes are still standing or not.  Its really awful and the winds won't be dying down until tomorrow morning.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Chilly and later on, wet day on the horizon here.  With what California has to deal with, I won't complain, though.

My exercise Saturday was a lot of fun.  I attended a RedHatter high tea where I did more dancing than I've done in quite sometime.  Line dance, after line dance after the lunch was served.  I was one of the few that did some dances back to back.  We seniors really cut the rug, lol.  

Senior Cardio this morning, along with Strength & Motion which is weight training.

Go forth today and try to be happy.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I'm working from home today because we are having another nasty storm.  It is supposed to quit by noon, but then start again tomorrow and go until Wednesday afternoon.  I'm already over winter.

I went to LaBlast on Saturday, but my only workout today will be shoveling.  I will be waiting until this afternoon though, no sense in shoveling while it is still snowing.

I was supposed to go to the dermatologist Wednesday, but considering the storm and the roads are supposed to be bad, I'm going to reschedule.  The roads are really bad this morning, so I'm glad my boss told us to work from home today.

@JudyL I hope you get some relief from the fires soon.  I can't even imagine how bad the air quality is.

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Wow @DrKelli, is the stormy weather kind of early for you?  Maybe the Farmer's Almanac is going to be correct with their colder/snowy forecast.  Scary!  And in @JudyL, territory, fires running people from their homes.  Smh!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, always hard to get going on a Monday but make you mind up to do something active.   I did 45 minutes on TG, and then my stretches and a dog walk.  @JudyL it's so terrible with the fires and people losing everything!  My heart certainly goes out to them.

@Mmsfoxxie you sound like you had a great time at your luncheon and cuttin a rug, I'm all in girl!!

@DrKelli Yup heard from my son, and it's snowing there again, we picked the right time to be there, it was glorious when we were there, He had to catch a flight to Iowa I hopw they got out on time.  It's a funeral he is attending.

I played in the leaves this afternoon, yup just me... Haha I make my own entertainment!