Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good Morning!  Today I did about 2.5 miles Leslie Sansone workout.

Not much else to report.  Another beautiful sunny Fall day by the Bay.

Wishing everyone a good day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday, this morning is wet, and dreary.  Lots of leaves are falling off the trees, I'm not ready for winter. 

I did cycling on the Total gym and some pilates.  My lower back is sore from lifting wood yesterday.  Would like to walk Logan but it has to quit this drizzle first, it's actually slippery on the trail, wet leaves on wet ground.

It's my 42nd wedding Anniversary today.   When did that happen LOL.  My oldest son will turn 40 next month!  Yikes!

I'm excited for the beginning of the WS tonight!

Have a great day everybody!

Honored Contributor

off to the chiropractor.  Very painful ankle last night and this am.  Maybe because I have been working out every 2 days instead of every other.  Did Pilates and rebounder this am and that helped.  Seriously I was ready to throw in the towel and go to the doc for meds.....will ask chiro what he thinks.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Congratulations @bopper  on your wedding anniversary!  What is "WS?"

@MickD  sorry to hear that your ankle has flared up so bad again.  Was hoping it was getting better.  Hope you get some relief soon.

@DrKelli  will be thinking good thoughts for your follow-up on your mammo.  I've had that happen when they've seen something and then done a follow-up and all ended up well.  But until you get that definitive word, it is unsettling and worrisome.

Honored Contributor

The chiro was an epic fail.  He did a back adjustment.  Now the pain and inflammation is above my ankle.  He is perplexed about what is going on.  He pressed down and I screamed J**** C***** .  He hopes it is not a stress fracture.

I told him that I hadn't been running - can't.  And that I do total gym with very little impact.....and no pain.  He wants me to wear an ankle brace/support when standing for long periods and working out as I need to keep everything in and not bulging out.

I have an ankle brace from years ago....other ankle though.....he looked like he didn't believe me for a second.  I hope this gets better, else I'm on light duty/nothing.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  We are having a warm spell here.  At least because it gets dark so much earlier now, it cools down pretty fast in the evenings.

@MickD  so sorry to read about your Chiro visit yesterday.  Sounds awful!  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

This morning I did Body Gym upper body and AbJam.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all,

@JudyL  WS is World Series.   Big baseball people in this house.

This morning I did 48 minutes on TG, and bounced on the Stability  ball  for 15 minutes and then took Logan on a walk.  The leaves are really dropping of the trees here but my front yard is a blanket of gold.   I love it!

@MickD  that majorly stinks about the ankle.   How frustrating, and painful.  I bet you are so ticked!   So for now no xray?  

Next weekend we go back an hour, i hate time changes.  So it will be dark at 5:30 pm.  Oh yippie.  NOT

Not much else going on here, have a good night!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I felt so silly after posting that question about "WS".  Afterwards, I was like DUH, of course it means World Series!  LOL  Guess my brain just wasn't thinking baseball.  

I love Fall colors and while we get some trees around here that change color, its nothing like what I'm sure you get.  Must be so pretty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @JudyL  and @bopper .  Last night I was in pa.a..I.I.I.n for 5 hours.  3 Advil and 3 glasses of wine and ice....then finally relief at about 10.  Stayed up until midnight after son got home from work.

This am the same pain, so I strapped on the ankle brace/ compression while I did pilates and rebounder and housework.  Wore for about 4 hours and relief.  It actually felt great.  A little pain with the rebounder when I was switching feet so stopped.

Then Costco and Target and back home cooking with an ankle compression sock and it is a little sore.....knock on wood as I just sat down and it's 6:30.

I'll take it for right now....the big time ankle brace really worked and moved the inflammation up and away from the ankle.  The chiro hopes it isn't a stress fracture....like it matters what the diagnosis is....I see him on Monday, then he's on vacation for a bit.

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, not a bad day here really, in the 40's and I walked Logan on the trail, very pretty.  I did TG today.  Todd Durkins Intermed. workout, and then the dog walk.   Not much else other than cleaning..

@MickD so irritating about that dang ankle.  I sure hope it isn't a stress fracture also.   Keep the ankle brace on if it feels better that way and continue the Advil.

I didn't realize it's this late....and to think we move our clocks back next weekend.  It will be dark at 5:30, I don't like that!

Waving to the gang!