Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper they had a lot of cancellations at DIA this morning and a lot of delays.  The sun is shining right now, but the next two days are supposed to be bad. I don't have snow tires, so technically, I could get a ticket driving when the roads are snow packed.  The forecast keeps changing.  They first said it was supposed to be like last night (I had 4-6 inches of very wet snow--like you would  see in the spring.) Now it is saying Light Snow.  I don't want to get downtown and then get stuck because the roads got bad.  It is supposed to snow into Wednesday.  Some forecasts are saying late Wednesday night, others are saying clearing in the morning.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  

My two workout classes yesterday were great!  My Monday instructor is one of the best and funny to boot.  His classes, especially his Strength & Motion class with the weights is getting more popular.  Space used to be plentiful but now, not as much.  I'm hoping some people will drop off.  I'm sure he loves being the most popular instructor there, though, lol.

My second favorite workout day is today and I don't understand my lack of enthusiasm about going.  I know it's me, not the class itself.  I'm 75% sure I'll go.  It's Body & Sculpt and then Flexibility.

Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Just checking in to let you all know I'm okay!  It's so cold here and of course it's snowing.  But the good thing about today's snow is that it is "winter" snow, meaning it is much drier than yesterday's snow.  Much easier to shovel.  Which I will be doing tomorrow when it stops.  I don't remember ever working from home 3 days in a row so early in the season.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, we got snow last night too!   That wet heavy stuff, it's gone off the roads but the grass still has it.  The sun is out now, but were only 42.  I walked the trail a little bit ago. 

This morning I did Pilates for an hour and then my dog walk.  

Not much else going on here, I'm having my dad for dinner tomorrow, after I clean his house.  My sisters have been mean to me about getting over there, and they know I don't have a car right now.   My husband is taking me over because he doesn't have to be to work until noon tomorrow, so he'll go workout, then come back and get me and take me home and go to work.  

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, if they aren't going to do anything they need to 🤐 zip it up!

@bopper wrote:

Hey ya'all, we got snow last night too!   That wet heavy stuff, it's gone off the roads but the grass still has it.  The sun is out now, but were only 42.  I walked the trail a little bit ago. 

This morning I did Pilates for an hour and then my dog walk.  

Not much else going on here, I'm having my dad for dinner tomorrow, after I clean his house.  My sisters have been mean to me about getting over there, and they know I don't have a car right now.   My husband is taking me over because he doesn't have to be to work until noon tomorrow, so he'll go workout, then come back and get me and take me home and go to work.  

Take care everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's a chilly one here, that snow is still here too!   I'm heading over to dads to clean at 9 am this morning, then will come home and prepare dinner for later as dad is coming here for dinner tonight.

@Mmsfoxxie thank you and yes "stay in your own lane" if you are not going to help.   i am doing my best but when you don't have a vehicle to get there what am I supposed to do.  They both are in town everyday, 1 sister lives a few blocks from my dad, and yes they do work full time, the older sister is part time and part time retired but they are both quick to say I don't help dad enough.   

Not much else going on here but wanted to check in early before I got going.

Have  wonderful day!

Respected Contributor

Man, it is COLD here!  The snow finally stopped though.  I thought I was going to have to shovel again, but my neighbor went out last night or early this morning and did both our driveways and sidewalks.  I shoveled both of us out on Monday and Tuesday, so he was paying my back.  I think I got the worst of it.  The Tuesday snow was heavy and I felt it in my back!

Still working from home today-I should be able to go into the office tomorrow though.  I was glad I didn't have to commute this morning--there were so many accidents because the roads were really icy.  I'm hoping they get 'driven off' today, so that tomorrow it isn't bad.  The sun is coming out, but I think we are still in the single digits.

@bopper the only advice I have for you is to go "brain dead".  Years ago, there was a child psychologist that used to come on the radio station I listened to and  one of his thngs was that when a child was having a tantrum, that you just went brain dead and didn't react or engage.  Strangely enough, I found this worked with my then husband (who I was in the process of divorcing).  The less I reacted, the more mad he would get.  I actually thought it was funny.  His game was to get me to react in a negative way and then he would say things like "See?  You are so immature (or whatever insult he came up with).   I don't know if the psychologist is still around but it was Love and Logic.  You might want to google.  It really does work on adults too!

Hope you are all doing okay!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  I did a 40 minute Leslie Sansone workout this morning.  It was about 2.5 miles.

@DrKelli my boss is in Denver today!  We have a Denver office and she is there for the day.  What a day to pick to fly into your city.  Cold & snowy - not what we Californians are used to.

@bopper tell your sisters to put it where the sun don't shine.

The fires are still raging north of me but the firefighters are starting to get a handle on the blaze.  It has scorched over 120 miles - unbelievable.  The air here is still pretty bad and my allergies are acting up but otherwise I'm fine.  Two of my friends still aren't back in their homes yet and another one is packed and ready to go.  Another one had to evacuate but was allowed back into his home.  

The fires in So Cal are just as bad too.  Its so awful to see all the destruction and loss of homes and businesses.

Hope everyone has a good day today

Respected Contributor

At least the airport is doing better today.  There were a lot of cancellations and delays yesterday, @JudyL .  The roads were probably the worst this morning.  The sun is out now and I anticipate that it won't be terrible tomorrow morning.  I did let my car run a bit this morning just to make sure it would start tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, all!  Well, I finally made it back to work today.  The roads were decent (until I got downtown, then, slush and ice because--tall buildings block sun)  I've been working from home, which is awesome because I can sleep later and still be "at work" by 630.  That 30 second commute from upstairs to downstairs is fabulous!

I'm finally getting a workout it today and hopefully on Saturday.  The biopsy is scheduled for 9 tomorrow morning and right after, I see the podiatrist for that troublesome toe thing (not the one I lost the nail on last year).  I've been putting neosporin on it for about a week and that seems to help, but if it is an ingrown nail, I want it taken care of. 

Afterwards, I'm going Christmas shopping--beat the crowds and all.  I got into the habit of a Christmas Club account when I worked at the defense plant, so I have my Christmas money all ready to go. I'm getting less and less inclined to buy anything.  I don't need anything and I'd rather have "experiences".  I get the little kids books and I always ask my niece what she wants, but that's about it.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  I'm hoping the snow is done for awhile.