Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: table

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good Morning everyone, October 1st has arrived, and I have a hard time believing it.  I know many of you are roasting yet, were' cooling down rapidly, although this morning is very very muggy out, overcast and wet.

I did 40 minutes on the Total gym this morning, I"m breaking up my workouts in 3 days cardio and 3 strength whether it is pilates ofr TG.  Need to switch stuff around as I don't lose weight either. 

Foxie how do you have a pain free dental cleaning, I hate the cleanings, i haven't gone in 2 years plus...I am diligient about brushing and flossing but I am so afraid to go...I had the mammogram last Friday, all good!

Judy, I hope you aren't having to go back to the Vet, poor baby!!!  

Would ya'all mind saying a prayer or a good wish for our friend nomless.  I am very worried about her, I correspond with her through another site and it's been 10 days without a reply, and I have sent numerous messages to her.  She has been ill and I'm very worried about her.  Thank you!

Enjoy your Tuesday!  It's National Pumpkin Spice Coffee Day!!   Cheers!!

Respected Contributor

@bopper wrote:

Good Morning everyone, October 1st has arrived, and I have a hard time believing it.  I know many of you are roasting yet, were' cooling down rapidly, although this morning is very very muggy out, overcast and wet.

I did 40 minutes on the Total gym this morning, I"m breaking up my workouts in 3 days cardio and 3 strength whether it is pilates ofr TG.  Need to switch stuff around as I don't lose weight either. 

Foxie how do you have a pain free dental cleaning, I hate the cleanings, i haven't gone in 2 years plus...I am diligient about brushing and flossing but I am so afraid to go...I had the mammogram last Friday, all good!

Judy, I hope you aren't having to go back to the Vet, poor baby!!!  

Would ya'all mind saying a prayer or a good wish for our friend nomless.  I am very worried about her, I correspond with her through another site and it's been 10 days without a reply, and I have sent numerous messages to her.  She has been ill and I'm very worried about her.  Thank you!

Enjoy your Tuesday!  It's National Pumpkin Spice Coffee Day!!   Cheers!!

Don't worry too much about the dentist. I did the same thing (almost 2 years off from a cleaning) and I was pretty ok because I am diligent about my dental hygiene. You'll probably be fine!  I will say a prayer for your friend, hope all is well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!  Its a beautiful cool, Fall day by the Bay.  Supposed to warm up a bit by the weekend but not too bad.  Not like last week, thank goodness.

This morning I did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone workout.  Today started a new FitBit challenge here at work.  There are different teams competing.  We're walking across South America!  LOL  Our team only has 5 members but other teams have way more members so it's not likely we will beat the larger teams in terms of total steps taken by October 31 but we will not be daunted in our task and will keep doing our steps every day anyway!  HAHA  We have offices in the US and Europe so there are a lot of people that do this.  It'll be fun to see how far we get.

Montague is doing really well.  He's much better so didn't need to go back to the vet today.  Now will have to make his appt to get his tooth pulled.  Ugh.  That won't be fun for either one of us.

I do have some very good news!  I'm going back to Africa!  YEA!!!  Booked my trip and recevied my flight itinerary last week.  The trip isn't until July 2020 but thats ok, something to look forward to.  This time I will be going to Kenya and Tanzania and will be gone for 3 weeks.  I am so excited.  Its been too many years since I was last there.

Prayers for Nomless.  Hope you hear from her soon @bopper 

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oops, I posted on the September thread.  Where did September fly to???

You’re right @bopper.  I haven’t ran across @nomless anywhere lately.  I’ll say a prayer for her, too.

@bopper, the regular cleaning aren’t too bad for me.  (Scaling are a different story, though).  I have to get cleanings every four months because of bad gums.  And as a kid, my dental hygiene wasn’t the best.  As an adult, I didn’t realize that some people have to do more than brush and floss.  I had dental insurance but didn’t use it.  Scared of the dentist.  Now I know that’s silly.  There’s a sign that I saw in my former dentist’s office.  “See me now or see be later”.  So true.

Had a great workout this morning.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@nomless sending healing thoughts and prayers your way!

Did the Rosalie Brown Total Gym workout and it kicked my arss!

I went to the chiro yesterday and he was not pleased.  The injury is on the tendon/ligament area just behind the ankle...kinda like a shin splint injury.  If I touch it, it hurts.  It hurts to bend the foot up and put excessive weight on it.

The chiro said this injury occurs with excessive uphill or downhill runs; and/or increase in miles.  The only things that changed were - I slightly upped my mileage; have been doing the treadmill mostly; and did a trail run after about a month on the mill.  No excessive hills either.

He said it has been injured for awhile.  I said - not possible as I would've felt it before Saturday.  I told him that my ankle has been stiff in the morning at times, but it works itself out.  About 2.5 miles in it hurt and I stopped.  I had problems with my left foot years ago with having woke up to severe pain.  He worked on it for months as I could hardly walk.  This is the same left side.

The only thing I can figure is - I've been so used to that foot being a little stiff, that when the ankle got stiff I just thought it was the same issue.  He really was stern with me and made me feel bad.  Like I just ran injured.  I don't do that anymore.  I'm too old and value my health.  I go back again tomorrow.  This just s*cks, but I gotta go with the flow.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD , usually the medical professionals know best but obviously, not all the time.  You know your body better than he does.  I hope the pain works itself away.  You’re correct...as you get older, you don’t take many chances when it comes to your health.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Its another beautiful Fall day here by the Bay.  Warming up a bit but not bad.

No workout for me this morning.  Was up most of the night with an upset stomach.  Something I ate at dinner did not agree with me.  So when the alarm went off to get up, I said "oh no way today!"  LOL

Hope you all have a good Wednesday!

Respected Contributor

Well it certainly doesn't feel like October here, we're pushing 90 degrees today!  Took yesterday off from exercise as I practically murdered myself with some overly ambitious HIIT on Monday. Wow, just wow, that stuff is SOOOOO hard. I need to work up to it.  Going to work out today as it's only a week till vacay and I gotta get my beach bod working!  Happy hump day to everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hello all!  Went to yoga today, but was fighting with one of the company jerks in my head, so I didn't get much 'restorative' out of it LOL!!

@Grouchomarx I do a couple of HIIT workouts each week.  You definitely have to work up to it.  When I first started, I did A LOT of modification--stepping instead of jumping--that kind of thing.  I still do some modification because of my shoulder and wrist issues.  And start with fairly light weights if weight training is included.  I started with 5s and I could barely finish the class with them.  The heaviest I use in a HIIT class is 8 or 10s, depending on what else we're doing.  In regular weight training, I go up to 15s or 20s.

Yesterday was FREEZING here! It was supposed to be in the low 60s, so I wore a t shirt out to the plant.  By noon, I was in the t-shirt and 2 sweatshirts.  Today started very cool and misty and I thought that I will have to switch to a heavier jacket than my jean jacket.  It has gotten sunnier out and we're supposed to warm up a bit by the weekend.  Man, as soon as October hit, it got cold!!

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!