Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Sunday, did 30 minutes on the reformer and it was a good one.   Booty workout and my booty felt it!   Then 30 minutes on the Total gym and some on the rebounder and Pilates chair.   Did do a fall dog walk also on this nice cool sunny day.

I'm thankful for the nice weather we have had in September and October.   The older I get I am not a fan of winter and its so long...

Keep moving everyone we all have days where we don't feel like it but sometimes just the first 5 minutes in and then we keep going.

Stay well!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Mmsfoxxie  I'm a Dietetian and have been retired for 4 years.  I work at Helen Hayes Hospital in NY. Helen Hayes (the actress) was a pioneer/supporter of the hospital as her daughter had polio and back then they specialized in that.  She lived in Nyack which is about a half hour from the hospital.  I covered the Subacute unit which is mostly elderly and also the Spinal Cord injury unit which was typically young men who had accidents and were para or quadriplegic.  I  work per diem when needed but will probably give that up soon. 

@bopper  Kayleigh had a 100 minute live ride on Saturday to celebrate her getting 100000 subs on youtube.  It's pretty amazing that when I started with her she had about 1000 subs!  She's really come a long way.  So today I did the beginning of the ride about 30 minutes.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

@Spin2, a dietitian....that's a great profession, you help a lot of people get just as much as the medical people do.  In fact, you do preventative work which saves us pain and money.

I'm gonna do my cardio class this morning and I'm back to weighing every morning which, for me, is best.  Keeps me focused on my goal.  I hadn't weighed in about two weeks and there was damage.

Have a great day everyone.  Don't forget your sweater.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm so tired today, but I'm going to do a lablast workout.  The gala was fun this weekend. A lot of people--very elegant.  It was a very late night so I'm glad I stayed at the hotel.  But I didn't sleep.  Here is my calendar page:

Breast cancer Calendar page.jpg

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  You look awesome!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, started with rebounding with I Jump Instead Trophy Aerobics 40 minutes, then Pilates reformer with April Plank foam roller workout and holy core!!

Then hula hoop 10 minutes.  Heading out to walk now.  54 and sunny.

@Spin2  that's awesome about the Live ride!!  She has come a long way!!! You are moving like the Champion that you are!!

The wasps are out how weird.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, you're pretty in Pink!  Accessories.  Girl you and the rest of the group have so much energy!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I did a 20 minute hip hop cycle ride with the YT girl last night and some Yoga for Energy this morning.

A fun fact for all of us clean eaters: I have been in the bathroom more than usual these past few days and I am only posting that because a lot of you have said you're doing the cleaner eating too. I looked it up and it turns out that when you go low carb/less sugar, the body has to use glycogen which holds onto body fat which holds onto the water in the body.

When you force the body to use the glycogen by not eating so many carbs, you pee more as the body releases the fat and the water. So if you are making more trips, you are losing weight! Smiley Very Happy

#QVCForumCares Smiley LOL 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @Laura14 , that's how the Atkins Diet works.

Honored Contributor

I guess I am behind the times then.