Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

HaPpy WeEkend everyone!

Did a quick pilates and rebounder.

Going to law office party tonight. Husband has his own firm but has office space at this firm.  Should be interesting as I have never met anyone.....he's been in and out of the space for around 5ish years.

Semi-casual, so no high heels.....thank gawd.  Gonna wear dress jeans, black blouse and a nice long duster....it's gonna be held out on a private restaurant patio.....so prob a little chill tonight.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey guess who's back on her home turf!!!   ME!!!!!!!!!   I haven't read through the posts as am doing laundry and trying to chill, a 4 hour drive home from the airport is a long drive, so we rolled in at 2:15 am. 

Logan was almost sick at the kennel from anxiety.  My older son ended up picking him up a day early and bringing him home, and he had to come several times a day to let out and spend time with him.  I was almost sick when the kennel told me he wasn't eating at all or drinking.  I get very anxious if a family member is sick and I'm out of town, my dog is family to me!   This morning he ate his whole breakfast.  I gave him tons of hugs and kisses so I think he forgave me.

I didn't eat too bad, we had hotel breakfast every morning, eggs and fresh fruit, then we grilled fish one night at my sons, and burgers, I did eat McDonalds once, and Panera soup and sandwich but really not bad at all.  

I'm going to walk Logan now on the trail, it's nice today.   My trip was wonderful, I cried living those babies though.   Weather was beautiful, did the Zoo, swam at a huge Apex water and gym place, just chilled at their house.  

Good to be home though!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everybody.  

@bopper, glad you made it back safely.  Hope the grandson is ok.  Logan will bounce ad quickly now that you're home.

Spent yesterday morning, along with one sister and my uncle, at my father's junky house going through papers and throwing out stuff.  Didn't make a dent!  He was a pack rat.  My cell phone was in my purse but not near me.  When I get home, I checked my voicemail and see that my father has left two mean messages, angry because we didn't pick him up from the nursing home to go with us.  I had told him the day before that I couldn't pick him up!  Hubby wanted to be home by noon to watch his the game.  My father doesn't understand that to pick him up, take him back would have added 45 minutes each way.  I was so angry at his messages that I didn't call him back.  Sorry, yet again, another personal rant.

Beautiful Monday and I'm ready for a good workout.  I'll be doing my Senior Cardio and then a Strength & Motion class with weights.  I'm hoping my stress level will go down.  I really see why my siblings are treating my father as invisible. 

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, good to be home, still feeing I need to get into a routine again.   Got the sluggish feeling.

@Mmsfoxxie  I am so sorry your father sent those messages to you, you don't need that and I understand your hubby wanted to watch his game.   My dads house isn't the greatest either, and now I am without a car and he needs his house cleaned again, he only wants me to clean it once a month and it's been 5 weeks now, no reason why my other 2 sisters couldn't do it.  I realize they both work but then don't complain it's dirty, I can't go there if I have no car.   Our other car bit the dust.   My dad can be mean also in a sarcastic way, then he laughs to make you feel even more bad.  I'm sorry he did that to you.   

Baby is doing better thank you, and my 2 year old grandson is a handful.  He is in this terrible 2's...  first wants mommy, then daddy, then nobody, then sit on floor and cry.... They have their work cut out for them for sure!   

Anyone getting the Cuddle Duds TSV, I kind of like it just to throw on and run out the door.  Thoughts??

I'll be doing something today but don't know yet what, my back is sore.  

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie I'm sorry your dad is being mean.  He's not himself (or maybe he was always like that).  I think I would just not tell him when I was going to the house.

@bopper if it is a fleece Cuddle Dud, I haven't had much luck with them because they pill terribly (like under the arms).  I am like you--I like to throw one of them on when it is cold.  I have a couple of their french terry ones that I wad up in my backpack when I travel.  I'm sorry Logan was so stressed out.  I wish Iived closer--I would happily take care of him.

I had a terrible weekend.  I went to LaBlast which was fun.  About 2 pm, I got hit with some gastro bug and spent the next 7 hours puking or the other.  My abs feel like I've done a million sit ups.  Plus my neck is stiff and I have a head ache and a backache.  I'm sure the neck is from sleeping wrong and I may have strained my back with all the dry heaving I did for 7 hours (I seriously had nothing in my stomach).

On Friday, I had to go for an ultrasound and additional mammogram and they found something, so I have to go in for a biopsy on November 1.  They could have done it this week but I think I am going to a funeral for the mother of a childhood friend.

I'm not working out today because I still feel like ******.  And I'm traveling for work the next 3 days.

I hope you all have a good week!

Honored Contributor

And @DrKelli , that's the funny thing, I didn't intend to tell him but something come up that I needed him to tell me where to look for it....something he borrowed from someone.  Of course he didn't know where it was.

I just talked to him on the phone and he doesn't remember the messages!  Dementia is worse than I thought apparently.

Not such a nice day afterall.  Getting stormy with high winds.  Might be working out at home.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I couldn't remember if he had dementia or not.  It is a terrible thing.  My uncle had it, but thankfully, he was very passive and not violent or mean.  My aunt almost died trying to take care of him.  He was finally put in respite when the 'sundowners' got too bad.

There is a caregiver saying that it may be hard for you, but it is even harder for the dementia patient.  I don't envy you at all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli  so sorry you had such a crappy weekend, and stomach flu bug is the worst, I am a total baby puking....and I get it violently..   Uggggggggg   Praying for you and your biopsy and that it turns out to be nothing.   I had my Mam in September, thankful it was good. 

I do have a couple Cuddle Duds and haven't had pilling.  Hmmmmm   I like the fact they were blazers... I ordered 2 so hopefully I will have good luck with them, otherwise back they go.   Thank you on the offer to watch my boy, we really have nobody to take him here, and leaving him at the kennel makes me sick, and he got sick, wouldn't eat at all!

Take it easy!!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, years ago, I had to go in for second mammogram and it really scared me.  There was a small lump that I found but it turned out to be a small clogged glan about the size of a pea.  It dissipated on its own just as the doctor said.  So, don't worry overly much.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

This morning I have Body & Sculpt, then Flexibility.

Enjoy your day folks.