Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Oooook!  Been pouring down rain for awhile and it’s time for me to leave.....except I just don’t feel like driving in it.  Very low motivation which is not a good thing.

Plan B is to workout doing something at home.  Maybe I’ll wipe the dust off of my stationary bike.  Yeah....I’ll do that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all.

Well, we're back to sunshine.  It's cold as all get out, but the sun is out.  My commute home was 180 degrees different than yesterday morning.  Roads were good, snow had stopped.  I came in a bit later this morning (I was going to work from home and then decided I needed to quit avoiding a workout with any little excuse).  So today is weight training and tomorrow is LaBlast.  I just found out that I have to use 12 vacation days prior to the end of the year. I only have 3 scheduled . . . I guess I'm taking Thansgiving week off after all.

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Respected Contributor

Hey this  morning I did 50 minutes rebounding on the reformer and then 30 minutes of toning.  Pouring rain here all day, and I mean all day!!!

Hard to get motivation I agree!

@DrKelli  glad the sun is out, get rid of that before I come will ya !    LOL

Not much else here, I am grilling fish though in the rain, yes I am!

Be well everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, well my grandsons surgery was more involved that the dr. thought, his hernia was the size of a golf ball and remember he's only 10 weeks old, and it was called a sliding hernia.   Last night my son called, he was crying I could tell, the baby was getting an IV of morpheme.   Poor little baby.   I am hoping this morning he is better and can go home.    The dr. said it was much more involved that they thought it would be....Prayers would be appreciated please.

I'm taking today off, had 6 days this week, I need to get organized and pack and clean, leaving on Tuesday so visit them and meet him for the first time.   I hate leaving Logan at the kennel but I know he will be okay, just sad.

Wishing everyone a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

Aww, @bopper, I’m so sorry that things were more involved than thought for the little one!  Happy that he made it through it.  If he can go home this morning, that is a good sign.  I’m still keeping him and your family in my prayers (just send one up).  Be safe on your trip.  I’m trying to get my father’s affairs in a place where I can go visit my granddaughter.

Zumba this morning, y’all.  It’s the hour class instead of the 45 minute one.  Hope I can make it considering I’ve been working out a little less lately and my weight is up.

Have a great day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I did rebounding on the reformer this morning and that's about it for today.  I am doing laundry and trying to pack, I can't figure out ever what to bring, how much to bring.   It's going to be upper 70's there, and we come back to 40 where we land and then drive 4 hours home...I always over pack..

@Mmsfoxxie  thank you so much, yes we need them.  I just talked to my son and asked if he wanted us to come earlier if we could get earlier flights and I could get a kennel for Logan and he said when they really needed us was yesterday and today.  He realizes we didn't know when we planned this trip that our baby was having surgery.  It came up after his check up.   And her family ( her parents) are out of town, and the SIL's have other commitments so they really had nobody to help with the 2 year old.  But they did get discharged today so are going home with Tylenol and said if there is any more swelling to bring him back in.    Everyone is so tired, can't sleep in a chair in the hospital but neither wanted to leave him either.   Luckily the 2 year old was at his Aunts but now she needs a break and I understand that.  

I hope you can get things in order so you can go see your GD.  It's a huge stress isn't it?   My sisters make me feel guilty for leaving town because then they have the dad responsibility.   Whatever, I haven't even met my grandson yet.  Dad will be fine, but I think it's a guilt trip.   

It's cold and windy here, we have a wind chill today of 30 and it feels like it also.  I needed a hat and winter jacket outside with Logan.    

Not much on the hopper other than making some applesauce with apples we got, and washing, organinzng my suitcase.   I am not a good traveler, anxiety and all I want to do is go home.   Maybe if we actually stayed longer I would have the time to settle in but it's go, go, go and I don't do well with that.  

Anyways, enjoy your Saturday!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, as I said before, it’s amazing how our lives parallel right now.  Unfortunately, not in a good way.

I hope your sisters aren’t trying to make you feel bad on purpose!  Actually, they should feel bad for not pitching in more with your father.....unless it’s like my father who was an awful father to us and husband to our mother.  He burned bridges...even my husband says I shouldn’t help him.

When kids make the decision to live far away from other close relatives, these are the situations that they don’t think about or assume won’t happen.  You can only help so much, be in one place at a time.  And you have Logan to think about.

Glad the baby is progressing well and your chin up!

Respected Contributor

Morning, not sure what I will do this morning, not feeling it.  I get anxious before I leave for trips.  I get mad at myself for that but it is what it is.   At least the sun is out, that helps.  It's cold though.

@Mmsfoxxie thank you!!!  Yes we do have similar situations.   I"m cleaning and packing.  I keep taking stuff out, like I won't need this so why am I bringing it.  I can't seem to "get it together".  

Baby is doing better, thank goodness.   

I won't be posting while I am gone, so keep things rolling here.   I'll post tomorrow but that will be it until Sunday Morning.    I'm not bringing my laptop either.  

Waving to everyone, need to get cracking here!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@bopper safe travels.  The weather is supposed to be nice until the weekend.  I know what you mean about traveling though--I'm the same way.

Well, I figured out  how much vacation I have to take and I am literally taking every Friday off  from next week until 2020. Plus Thanksgiving and Christmas week.  AND I'm carrying over 40 hours to next year.  I guess I really haven't taken that much vacation this year!

i was going to go down to the other gym for LaBlast today, but I am busy and will go to my regular class.  I will have to get in the habit of working out at PF starting next week on Friday.

I hope you all have a good week!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper continued prayers for your grandson!

Did pilates and tramp spring board thing.....thanks bopper - it's called the rebounder.....couldn't remember!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G