Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Hump Day, another beautiful fall day here today, I will be outside being active as much as possible.

I found out yesterday my new grandson who is only 10 weeks old is having surgery on Friday for his hernia's, please say a prayer for this little guy if you will.  He has to stay overnight as @Mmsfoxxie said , and we hope this will help him feel better.  

Not much else since I posted yesterday, so enjoy your day and be active!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper ,  I will continue to keep your grandson in prayer.  At least his innocence will keep him from being nervous and fearful like an older child would.

Volunteering for me today.  I’ll try to walk more than sit while there.  My mammogram result came yesterday and I’m good for another year.  Just took it last Wednesday.  We have this online thing from this medical network called My Chart where all appointments, messages and results get listed.  You get a notification when something new is added or an appointment is coming up.  I remember back in the day when I had to physically go in and make a written request to obtain my medical records.  Now I can just log in.  The exception is my ophthalmologist and dental records.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@bopper best wishes for your grandson's surgery.  Praying for a good outcome and quick recovery!

@Mmsfoxxie I had mine on Monday and ended up filing a complaint against the tech.  She was extremely rough and I think it was because I dared tell her to use the smaller 'smoosher'--on the advice of the tech from last year.  The whole procedure is uncomfortable, she didn't have to make it worse.  I probably won't get results until next week.

Yesterday I did small group for the first time in like 6 weeks and I am paying the price today.  Today is yoga, thank the Lord.  I don't know if I'll go to the gym tomorrow because it is supposed to be super cold and I may need some time to acclimate.  Yes, I know I live in Colorado, but we have had temps in the 70s and 80s and dropping into the 20s is a shock to the system. LOL!

Hope you all have a great day--thinking about our missing posters--@laura14, @nomless , waving to the rest of you!!

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday peeps!

I wasn't in the mood to do major cardio after cleaning for 2 hours, so I did the pilates reformer and the cardio spring board for some light jog action.

See the chiro on Friday.  He says the ankle is getting looser and there is progress....I'll take it.  Still having pain -  now down the top of the foot and back of the calf in addition to the reg ankle crud.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@bopper Sending prayers and healing thoughts to your sweet grandson, and to you and your family as well.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

It's Thursday!  Almost to the weekend.

Did a 2.5 mile Leslie Sansone workout today.  Just don't have quite enough time in the morning to do a whole 3 mile workout but manage to get at least 2.5 miles in.

@bopper  hope all goes well tomorrow for your grandson.

Nothing much to report here.  Wishing everyone a good Thursday!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, this morning I did the Total gym mixing up my own routine and just did a dog walk.  Tomorrow will be cold and rainy and this weekend same!  Today is the last nicer day we will have for some time to come, dang it.

@DrKelli  I saw the snow!   One nice thing about living there is tomorrow it could be 70 and you know it won't last!  Not like here!!!   Thank you for the prayers for our grandson!

@MickD  sounds like some progress is being made in that ankle.  I need to see the Chiro too butr insurance won't cover any of it so haven't gone in over 2 years now and I used to go every month!  

@Mmsfoxxie Thank you for prayers, you know what it's like.  He's so little but trust they know what they are doing and have done major surgery on little babies before!    Hard not to worry though.  

@JudyL Thank you Judy,  good job on your Leslie workout, she's a sweet lady!  

I am also missing Laura and nomless.  I am very worried about nomless, way to long since she has written to me....I am praying for her every day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@bopper what you said is true, but it is really bad today and the roads will be a mess probably tomorrow morning too.  I really regret my decision to come into work today.  It was barely snowing when I left (which was late) and by the time I got about halfway to work, the roads were very slick--there were 2 jack knifed semis going the opposite direction.   Once I got onto the road into downtown, there was a truck who was probably going too fast and hit the curb and ended up on the sidewalk and snapped 2 tires off.  One of which I passed about a half block later.  The roads are really bad.  I just looked out my window and there is blue sky.

I think I am still going to work from home tomorrow.  I decided to pull the trigger here at 1:30 and get home before rush hour.  The roads should be driven dry  by tonight so if there is no more percipitation, they should be okay tomorrow.  But I still think I am working from home.

I really notice my lack of hair with this cold!!!  

No workout for me today.  Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

Total Gym done.  Nothing else to report.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I’m enjoying this nice slightly cool whether we’re having.  Amazing that the northwest is having snow already!

@DrKelli, yes mammograms can be painful for younger women, especially when your technician is not careful.  But there’s good news for you.....by the time you become a senior, it’s less painful.  Less fatty tissue.  In other words, you’re floppy, lol.  Squish, squash, flat.

Hi, there, @nomless!

Senior Cardio this morning.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)